Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an email from A.T. - he's having problems so can't post it himself.

When I close a window the site starts opening new blank tabs and windows full of blank tabs - only occured in IE though, firefox didn't do it.

I also had a warning pop up about Trojan.Pidief.F - a pdf exploit

If you could post this up in the board section of the site - I can't remember my password to log in on firefox (for reference this machine is xp, running IE7 and acrobat reader 8)

I would guess a rogue ad.

·
3,395 Posts
Update - virus scanner showed no more problems, but a malwarebytes scan came up with a whole boat load of backdoor, hijack, and spyware files that turned up on the machine shortly after the initial virus warning.

Looking at my browsing history the offending pdf is stuck squarely in the middle of the LO page list - the first site i'd visited on the machine today.

Good news is that now i'm running acrobat 9 i've had no more odd window openings, virus warnings, and another run of malwarebytes came up clean.

Bad news is that you might have had / still have a rogue ad. My initial log-in was around 9:30 this morning (GMT) if that is any help.

·
4,361 Posts
I have hit a couple pages that cause a virus warning to pop up as well. I run chrome, and have the latest acrobat reader. Locked up the computer today.

SirKently

·
2,244 Posts
I have also had a virus warning on 2 seperate occasions in the last 2 days and my work computer opened up dozens of tabs this morning (had to reboot).

I don't think that I have the latest adobe acrobat though, but I did download something adobe acrobat the other day so I might.

Sorry I am not that computer literate, I can do what I have to and learn how to do what I want but not much good generally, so I can't tell you what I think it is.

·
3,395 Posts

·
3,395 Posts
Another update - more bad news, I got the mass page opening thing again this morning (running acrobat reader 9).

No reoccurrence of the virus, don't know if it's because of the newer reader or because I caught it quickly enough.

Whoever is providing the ads for this site needs to be introduced to Mr. kick in the head.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.