Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me I am going to add some exhaust fumes to the engines of my crisis and stealth suits but how do you paint the reddish flames and black smoking to the cotton you use to make it look good. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm I dont have an airbrush and my models are already painted. Would it be able to g et on them. This was just a sort of after thought thinking wouldnt be cool to show some blast coming from those engines. :huh:

·
Registered
47 Posts
aire brushes aren't too expensive and you can cover any part you dont want painted with tape. But for most of the air brushes I have seen you have to use enamel model paint and thin them with paint thinner.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't know for sure but I think that is how they do it, I have never smoke so I can only give you suggestions. I couldn't see them painting it on the cotton balls and get the same effect, it would just be a big glob. I think airbrushing will give you effect you are looking. Also, you dont have to use it for just the smoke, airbrushing is a good way to paint detail on tanks such as camo stripes and stuff like, I used to use an airbrush when i built model airplanes and tanks and it worked really well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
air brushes can have a lot of detail if you buy the right kind. In Canada they range from $30-$150 dollars and you can get them from most hobby stores and even department stores like wallmart. You can adjust the spray type so it will spray like spraypaint or spray in a thin line, it all depends on the type you get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.