Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, newb to the forums and semi newb to the game. Recently got to the 'lofty heights' (well, it's an achievement for me anyway! :p) of 2000 points, so now doing some fiddling with the army list to see what works best and so on.

Was thinking of bringing a unit of Ogre Kingdoms Ogres in, I know they're statwise (well, apart from the amount of attacks per model) pretty similar to Warriors, but the models look pretty neat (and would go in with a Mortal chaos army quite nicely), plus with them all being from up north, it looks nice in terms of fluff too.

So I was wondering, would it be a good idea to bring these into the army? Considering pointswise and statwise they'd do the same as a little unit of warriors, or is it a silly idea filled with flaws?

And on another note, I mentioned this to a friend of mine too, he thought it might be a good idea to pick up some leadbelchers if anything vaguely ogrelike enters the warband, but I'm a bit unsure on this cause it may look a tad beardy, wouldn't it? Or would it seem fair enough?

Anyway, thanks for the help!! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you want ogres I would suggest Ironguts They differ from warriors because it takes 3 wounds to kill a single model which is very helpful, Also they get the bull charge rule. Leadbelchers are just terrible, unless you use them in units of 2 as flank threatener's I wouldn't waste your money on them in a chaos army. With that being said dragon ogres are better then both and If you don't have them in your force already I suggest getting them before OK ogres.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hrm, been a bit iffy on Dragon Ogres considering how damn ugly they look, plus after having lurked on the forums a bit before actually joining, I've read about how Dragon Ogres aren't too good. Something which may be shared by their non-dragon brethren?

Either way I may just buy the ironguts just to paint them with a chaos-style warpaint design, should be fun :p

But for fielding them in my army, has anyone else got opinions on the matter? Thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
It depends on your play style, but if you want a unit that can punch a hole in just about anything take a bunch of Iron guts, I take ten in a unit. Thats probly over kill for most guys but it helps my army style. Keep in mind that they are also very fast and a front rank of 12 str 6 attacks is flat scary. Oh and they cause fear which always helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.