Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been asked before, but I couldn't find it.
I'm new to 40k. I'm starting a BT force. I also like the WH. What exactly do I have to add to make this work? Is there a HQ choice I have to have and if so, which is a good one? Also which trrop choice is good? Can I take an exorcist or anything like that?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Page 25 of the WH codex details this. There a a certain amount of choices you aloud to make. You can take 1 HQ, 1 Elite, 2 Troops, and 1 Fast Attack choice from the WH codex, which will be used as allies. You MUST satisfy your cumpulsory choices in the parent army FIRST. These units must be taken with the normal exceptions however. For example you can only take a unit of acro-flagellants if a priest is in the army, and you may only take an assasin if you take an Inquisitor. However, you cannot take Heavy Support choices from the WH codex (like an exorcist). The only way that would work is if you used the WHs as your main army and the SMs as your allies. If the WHs are your main army you can take troops, fast attack, or heavy units from from the SM codex. The restrictions for this are on page 26 of the WH codex.

Hope that helped. 8)

·
307 Posts
Although you still shouldn't be able to take an Exorcist with BT as that is a Sisters unit and you can't take both Allied Marines and Sisters.

I say shouldn't because reading the WH codex closely, while the Immolator is specified as a Sisters vehicle so it can't be taken unless there is a Sisters unit in the army, thus precluding it being in the same army as Allied Marines, this isn't mentioned for the Exorcist. So I suppose technically you could have a WH force with Allied Marines of the BT, with an Exorcist from the HS section. It would be a bit dodgy though and would likely cause rules disputes.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Heya csandvik :) welcome to 40K, like numberofthebeastxxx said you need to choose a parent army list as this will affect what units you may want to take, if BT is your starting army then build around them first and see if (if at all) you want to include some WH in the mix as your choice is limited in regards to the amount and kind of allies you can take. Have a read through the codices for both armies for more info. That will also help you find which army appeals to you the most, Good luck and i hope you enjoy :)

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Hi and welcome to the hobby, I really agree with Rjiax, the trick, before taking allies, is to master your primary force, do this then consider allies, the purpose of allies should be something like (in priority order)

1. To fill a gap in what my army can do
2. To suppliment what my army can do
3. cos I like them

I appreciate you like both armie, but unless you got the time and the money to do both at once, I would really recomend mastering one before moving to the other

You perhaps also need to be aware that BTs are getting so much focus at the moment because they are the latest codex, in a couple of months it will be something else and BT are unlikey torecieve this much focus again. (they got it this time becuase they had not had it before and it sells stuff for GW

Also you need to consider that using allies draws points away from your main force and perhaops they may be better having more of their own

Finally Exorcists can not be taken as allies for BTs and in fact are a complete ***** to paint well

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody,
My parent group would be Templars seeing as how I started with them. Like Cheredanine said I will try out my Templars first then look into allies.
Again thank you.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
i beleive that leaving "can't take without sisters in the list" was a genuine mistake that will be corected in the next reprint, i mean really it's common sense if you have no sisters in ur army then who the hell is pioloting the thing in the first place as it specifically states that the crew are sisters.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Plague_00 said:
i beleive that leaving "can't take without sisters in the list" was a genuine mistake that will be corected in the next reprint, i mean really it's common sense if you have no sisters in ur army then who the hell is pioloting the thing in the first place as it specifically states that the crew are sisters.
Perahps the Inquisitor commandeered it? If he has something against sisters it wouldn't be a problem for him to just say "Hmmm, that's a nice tank. Give it to me." If he can order the destruction of a planet he can have an exorcist tank. But I see where your coming from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts