Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Yes, you can take two hand weapons and a shield. However, you will decide at the beginning of each combat what combination you will use and must use that same combination through however many rounds that combat lasts.

So you will declare, "My snogbotchers are using hand weapons and shields," which gives them the parry bonus.

Or you will declare, "My lubegoobers are using their additional hand weapons," which means no parry bonus but an extra attack.

Or you will declare, "My fossilblossoms present your troops with fresh bouquets of lilies," which means you are fruity and will have difficulty finding opponents.

·
Fun guy from Yuggoth
772 Posts
You'll also keep the +1 save from the shield against missile attacks when you aren't in combat, regardless of whether you choose to use the shield or the extra weapon in hand to hand.

Also, lubegoobers are overpowered.

EDIT: Wait a minute... Is it the case that you keep the +1 armor save for having a shield even when you are not using the shield in combat?

·
Registered
238 Posts
The warrior is supposed to use the shield while not engaged (just for logic), then when in combat, if he chooses to carry one thing in each hand and none of them is a shield, obviously he cannot benefit from the +1 save for the shield: e.g. he wears it on the back or just leaves it on the ground.
No smart-shield ability exists indeed!
8Y

Bye!

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
I had thought reading Warhammer forums got me up to spec on UK slang, but I must confess to being dumbfounded by Snogbotchers. =) It made me laugh out loud at my desk, so, I must ask, how does one become a Snogbotcher? Is it a playful quip or a serious insult?

It's generally not possible, at least in the Army Books I'm familiar with, to give a mounted model two hand weapons anyway. They tend to say "If on foot, additional hand weapon x pts, if mounted, spear x pts, lance x pts" or something to that effect.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
Dave's not from the UK as far as I know. Those terms sound like something from Willy Wonka's to me anyway. I can't find a rule that says you can't have 2 hand weapons while mounted. Pistoliers, for example, don't get their 2 attacks from using 2 pistol butts as weapons? Wouldn't make sense if they couldn't, but not everything makes sense.

Is it because it isn't written (infantry) or (mounted) that you can't, or is there some vernacular I'm missing?

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Oh no... in scotland its a well known insult.

I cant disclose what it means on a forum however.

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
Dave's not from the UK as far as I know. Those terms sound like something from Willy Wonka's to me anyway. I can't find a rule that says you can't have 2 hand weapons while mounted. Pistoliers, for example, don't get their 2 attacks from using 2 pistol butts as weapons? Wouldn't make sense if they couldn't, but not everything makes sense.

Is it because it isn't written (infantry) or (mounted) that you can't, or is there some vernacular I'm missing?
This Dave's from the UK :) but the one you're referring to lives in Texas, and he comes up with the most brilliant unit names...are we going to see them in a army book any time soon? I hope so.

The fighting with two hand weapons rule on pg 56 is where it states that you must be on foot; the title of the section is "Fighting with two hand weapons (infantry)" and in the description of the rule it says "If a warrior on foot fights with a hand weapon in each hand......" It seems pretty clear from that that mounted models can't use two hand weapons.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.