Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ironfists for me. Typically I run a 12 strong main unit of Ogres as an anvil, so the ironfists make them just that little bit harder to kill.

And they have plenty attacks anyway.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I do run my 12 unit as 4 x 3. I find that configuration is very versatile. It is small enough to fit through scenery and offers a +2 bonus on strength for the charge.
I also usually put my SlaughterMaster into this unit.

The ironfists make it a very tough unit to kill, as well as if I get Trollguts on it.

Good choice on army by the way, at least in my opinion. Just today I sold my Dwarfs, because they are so boring compared to the Ogres. So much flavour in them.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yeah I'm lovin OK right now. Perhaps more than my other armies (although they are new so that may have something to do with it).

I already painted my first unit from the Battallion - http://www.librarium-online.com/for...nappealing-army-warhammer-14.html#post1956050

I bought that, a fire belly, 4 mournfang cavalry and an iron blaster. I already have a giant I'm painting into an ice giant currently. I actually feel ok fielding a Giant in this army because if people shoot at him, theyre not killing my other troops with multi wound crap. In a WoC army, a giant is usually not a good thing to take.

I think the next thing I buy is another regiment of ogres and another regiment of iron guts. Then after that, a slaughtermaster and a tyrant to make a BSB. After that, I suppose a thundertusk (for my ice theme) and some Yehtees (again for my ice theme).

·
Registered
802 Posts
i go for ironsfist and normally i run them either 3 wide for the simple fact that if you take full command then any charectors go in the second rank making them safe for a while that and it gives you more ranks, actually did this with greasus gold tooth once took a few people by surprise and turned the unit into an unstopable block of death. till infernal gateway got through....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts