Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of writing an Adeptus Mechanicus story but before i do, I would like your help in making up Adeptus Mechanicus rites and chants. The main ones i'm looking for are:

Rite of Unbinding
Ritual of Dislocation
Benediction against Failure
Rite of Protection
Rite of Sealing
Rite of Supplication
Rites of Preparation

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Blessings of the Omnissiah be on you all.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Take one word from group A, and one word from B, and put 'of' and maybe something from C in the middle. easy!

A. blessing, bension, commendation, consecration, dedication, grace, invocation, favour, support, etc

B. the Gods, the God, the Macine God, the all mighty, preperance, belief, confidence, dependance, faith, unbinding, removal, reparation, hope, protection, sanctuary, sealing, fixinng, confirmation, authentication, imprimatur, insigia, enclose, confirmation, segregation, etc

C. blessed, holy, sure, great, major, etc.

There you go!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sure I'll give you hand. Notice I have too much time on my hands :p . One thing do you want them short and sweet or long and detailed. Another thing is that I don't know too much fluff on the Cult of the Machine, all I know really is that their the 40k version of Bill Gates, their quest of knowlede is for the STC, they see the Emperor as a master of man but don't recognise the Imperial Creed the bloody heretics and that they follow their own scriptures. And all I know about Mechanicus scriptres is that they consider wisdom as a divine manisfestation (now if I spelled that right I am God...or Goddess), and because machines hold knowledge they see it as supremem, flesh is weak, iron strong and thats really about it. I've heard the word Omnissiah before too but don't know quite what it is. If you can give me a little more fluff about the cult I will do my best to write those rites...ohhh a poet...sort of. I'll shut up now

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
The 40K bill gates?? You shouldn't have said that, now whenever I see something that looks like a techpriest I'll shoot it first.

PS the omnissiah is the machine god :) .

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sister_Mel, being the Expert *ahem* on the Adeptus Mechanicus, I will gladly provide any background you require in exchange for lovely chants and rites. Perferably I would like the rites and chants to be short and sweet as you so elegantly put it, however if you feel like creating long detailed ones that's fine (i could pass them off as hymns or prayers)

Adeptus Mechanicus

This site has basic (and i do mean basic) background stuff on the Admech.

Oh and thanks for the word lists K-Tana, very useful.

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
Your *ahem* is justified. I would put myself forward as a serious contender for the title of secondary fluff master. ( I have read pretty much all the fluff apart from the original rogue trader stuff.)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As have I Inquisitior, as have I. If you wish to test your knowledge, i gladly await your challenge. But be warned, none have escaped the wrath of the masters of Mars. :D

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
1) Which character carries the Rod Of Torment?

2) Name the two eldar titans, two Imperial titan classes, and the name of the titan organisational units.

3) What metal has the adamantium sub-class?

4) On which world was the Cursus opened?

5) Which Inquisitor was sent to the Gothic sector?

6) What class of vessel is the Legatus Stygies?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1) Fabius Bile

2) Eldar Titans: Phantom and Revenant, Imperial Titans Warhound and Warlord. Adeptus Titanicus?

3)Ceramite?

4)Tallarn

5) Unknown

6) Emperor Class

I might have some of these wrong but then I am strictly an Adeptus Mechanicus 'Expert' and don't concern myself with the affairs of the wider Galaxy. Become a secondary fluff Master, aslong as my superior knowledge of the Admech is noted.

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
Well then, Admech oriented.

1) Name the militant wings of the ADMECH, along with the usual colours of said forces.

2) Name the small one-person fighting machines developed by ADMECH settlements.

3) Name three forge worlds.

4) Describe the kind of sector settlements around a forge world.

5) The name of the head of the AdMech.

6) Description of the STC system.

7) Description of why in modern terms Mars is called the Red Planet.

Answers to original:

3) We already have Adamantium steel.

5) Horst.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1) Titans, Regiments of Skitarii (Grey), Ordinatus and to a lesser extent the Explorators.

2) Knights.

3) Mars, Triplex Phall, Stygies.

4) Medieval style feudal empires. (commonly known as 'Knight Worlds')

5) Fabricator General of Mars.

6) The STC are said to embody the sum total of human knowledge as far as technical accomplishment goes.

7) Dust and sand is periodically blown into the thin atmosphere lending the planet a reddish hue.

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
1) Forgetting both the Tech Guard and the Praetorians.

7) It is red with corrosion from vast ancient factories, which since they are earlier than the present technology are revered as holy.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Skitarii IS the Tech Guard and also includes the Praetorians since it is the collective term for the Admech's main army. The Skitarii (or Tech Guard) includes the following unit types:

Hypaspists - Infantry
Sagitarii - Heavy Weapons
Cataphractarii - Tank Crews
Ballisterarii - Experimental Weapons
Praetorians and Robot Cohorts

See, Admech military structure isn't as simple as you'd think.

And never say 'Modern' in referance to the 40K universe, 'Modern' = As is now, 'In 40K terms' = As is in the 40K universe and 'In Admech terms' = from the point of view of the Admech.

Ok Inquisitor, the $1,000,000 question.

Pictured below is a section of the Martian surface. Name the surface feature shown.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dragonslayero nope your wrong. Try again. Defiler you're absolutely right, back to the topic: I would like help in making Admech rites and chants (a few hymns and prayers would help also :D ) Oh and by all means keep guessing the suface feature in the picture, you will eventually get it (even if you lot end up naming every feature on the planet) Sorry my superiority syndrome kicked in again.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very well, and i think you will be surprised. Now on with the tread, has anyone other ideas for rites and chants? (i have been feverishly using K-Tana's word lists with a few modifications) But i would like more imput, after all you lot will be the ones reading it (i hope :D )

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Let me see...
The Cracked up area in the midle of the pics is called Noctis Labyrinthus
The Plateu directly to the south is called Syria Planum
The valley stretching out to the east of the pic is called Ius Chasma
The area directly to the east is called Daedalia Planum
The mountain range stretching out to the south is known as Claritas Fossae
And the one big crater in the northwest corner is known as Pavonis Mons
the plateu stretching out southeast of the pic is known as Sinai Planum

Satisfied now... oh master of the knowlege of the machine god...?

By the way the Noctus Labyrithus was found without the map... just click properties for the pic...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.