Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey all , i have been wanting to do an army that sort of fits me and as i was looking through fluff and i found some AM sided with horus. at the end of the seige they fled to the eye of terror. so this is my list

HQ
-kelbor-hal FG of mars
not really sure what to give him to make him like a FG thinking sorceror MoT winds of chaos as his flamethrower , doombolt or bolt of change as his canon but i dont really no need help with him this is him maybe something to represent his mech arms

elite
-7 bodyguard servitors
(chosen)
IoN
undeside need guidence

troops
-10 tratior hypaspist(marines)
-Tribune(champ) power fist
-IOCG
-2 plasmaguns-220

-same as above-220

-5 bilisteria(noise marines)
-4 sonic blasters 1 blastmaster-160

heavy support
-3 tratior praetorians (oblits)-225

so far with out elites or HQ 825pts

need your help thanks

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
First, the Chosen can't take the Mon, as only true Plaguemarines got that. ut they can take the IoN, thus lifting their T some.
Get the Chosen some Plasma guns. 5 should do it. They'll be expensive though, far too expensive for 1200 pts.

Your first core, or as we say in 40K - troops, need a rhino. Your meltas only got that much range, and without a rhino it's squandered.

Heavy looks good as does the Noise marines.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
What I'm saying is that if you're spending that many points on a 7 man Icon of Nurgle Chosen unit you should get them plasma guns. Thats the whole idea of using Chosen and spending those extra points on them.
You're not gonna use their Infiltration abilities, as you stated they are gonne be bodyguards for the HQ, so why not just using regular CSM? The charm of the Chosen is that you can load them up with extremely many special weapons. But thats not gonna fly in your army as it makes the unit too expensive.

So, if you're not using their Infiltration and not using their ability to load up on special weapons, then why pay the extra points for Chosen when the ordinare CSM works just as good?

Why do you need Chosen?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ok i get ya now . so if i drop chosen i can do almost 1000 pts but i still need help with HQ. but i wanted chosen cause i already have a squard of palgue marines but i don't no how to fit them in my army

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.