Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was thinking lately about something for the next edition of orks. That the orks would get a little bit of an edge, as the only big special rule the orks have at their disposal is the mobbing up rule. They need something to reflect the fact that they get stronger when they fight and see gore and death (no matter what the side) , that the orks should get stronger the longer they last in battle! Sort of like an adrenaline rush (im sure we've all read the story about the ork that gets a chunk of his shoulder shot off and charges onwards anyway).

Something like for every 5 wounds mob takes (or should it be for every 5 wounds the mob makes?), roll for that mob. on a roll of a 4-6 you roll on the following table: 1-2 toughness is increased, roll of 3-4 strength is increased, roll of 5 Initiative is increased, Roll of 6 you roll again, and on a 5 or a 6 on the second roll, the mob gets the "feel no pain" special rule. If any other result, nothing happens.

This way, chances are only 50% that they will get anything. A total of 16 2/3 percent of T, 16 2/3 percent for S, 8 1/3% chance of Initiative, and 2 7/10% chance of feel no pain.

I think this would work pretty well, and its very necessary, as the Orks currently have the strength of a guardsman. Or if people object to the toughness, the toughness could be changed to + 1 Sv to a maximum of a 2+, and once the 2+ is reached, it transfers to a 5+ invul, and then from that point on the +1 sv will be + 1 invul save. idk i think its a good idea... but it might be too overpowered. maybe the initial "on a 4-6 you roll on the following table:" should be changed to "on a roll of 5-6 you roll on the following table:". idk just my personal idea, i do realise that i might be a little biased, but i think this could work.

On one hand, there is the possibility that they might really powerful, but then again, you probably wont roll more than 7 times for that mob, so roughly 3-4 will be successful, and then you might think youre about to get feel no pain, but then you dont.

Feedback? Ideas? suggestions? Any changes i should make?

any response would be awesome.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
only problem with that is that a) it doesnt make sense in some situations, such as: a huge mob just getting owned by bolter fire isn't getting more belligerent or stronger from combat) and b) it isn't quite balanced for smaller, more elite units. Something similar to that idea of yours would be cool though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so do you think it should be the amount of casualties the mob makes relative to the amount in the mob? like casualties equalling 1/4 of the models in the mob?

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
The problem I have with your run that it can end up boggin down the game for some people, and it's really confusing for some poeple I'm sure. (Mostly newer players)

I'm sure theres something that could be done, but I think that is kinda over compicated.

Sorry, I don't have any ideas myself. :D

Mike

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
maybe just give it like, if they pass mob check, give them another D6 movement?...... hm

I dont know, I just sometimes have trouble getting in CC with a full horde of boys.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if rolling a maximum of 3 dice is too complicated for people, i overestimated the intelligence of the average player.

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
Well, it's complicated in comparaison to other Special rules you find. And with GW's tread, they seem to like simple special rules. Like with the Chaplain, all models get to re-roll failed hits on the turn they charge. Simple, yet it adds 'strategy' (I hate how everyone seems to use Chappy+Maxed out Assault Squads) I just think that having to go throught all that everytime you kill guys could end up slowing the game by having to check tables, and remeber what squad has what.

Mike

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think (now this might just be me) that i would remember if a squad got +1 toughness lol. thats nothing to ignore!
Alright, does anyone else have any ideas?

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Hmm plus one toughness, toughness 5 horde? I dont think that would work, that would be uber crazy.

Maybe say this, While the squad is still passes mob check, they may make a move just like Fleet of Foot, for extra movement o.o

I mean if their initiative goes up, they should move faster eh.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts