Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My group will be playing Warbands in a few days, and im looking for some advice as i'm new to Warhammer.

What i'm facing:
Empire
Ogre Kingdoms
Daemons of Chaos (will be fighting alongside these mostly)

There probably won't be much magic or shooting.

My warband:
Sorceress, lvl1............................100 pts
4 Repeater Crossbowmen..............40 pts
2 Cold one Knights.......................54 pts
5 Corsairs...................................50 pts
246 points total

-Should i replace the Sorceress with a master? I've been told to do so. Would miscast be a big issue?
-Would 4 Black Guards be better than the 2 CO Knights?
-What should i add when we play with more points?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Magic is pure gold at that points level! Any basic spell can have a massive effect on the game. I don't know the Dark Elf spells but even your average 2d6 low strength missile (which every lore has in some form) can wipe out enitre units.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That looks like a good list and if you like it then stick with it :). However, i personally would change the CoKs and corsairs to 2 Dark Riders with repeater crossbows and 5 black guard. At such a low points cost, black guard can chew up pretty much anything to be honest :). Hope this was some help, good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rolly: That's what i thought. Haven't played yet, last time we just painted. :/

Dom9001: Yeah, Dark Riders should be in the list, will try to convert some Glade Riders when i get the time. And i think i will stick with the corsairs, their SDC is very helpful.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Like attilla said, if your ally will be using magic, go for a nice ol' master. Also you asked what to add later. I would say harpies are great RxB men are a must, shades, hydra, RBT. Obviously not all at once. Your best bet is to get a core army down with maybe one special or rare choice and then build on what you have. Use games to determine what your army is lacking. I think that half the fun of warhammer is finding your weaknesses and then ironing them out; one by one.
Thanks, Dom :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts