Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is the big Indy GT tourney in Dallas, and I'm primed, painted, and ready to roll.

I am worried, though, about facing a couple of things. First, the Casket of Souls. If one of those gets on a hill, it could mean quick doom for my Wood Elves. I'm not sure what to do other than take in the gut whatever magic is thrown at me and save dispel dice for the casket, not forgetting magic resistance from one of my three MR units. That and get into combat ASAP with it.

The other thing that worries me is the dreaded steam tank. I can try to avoid it, but if that doesn't work, then what? My heaviest unit is Treekin. I haven't faced a tank since the new Empire book came out. The War Alter I'm not so worried about. I can ignore it and only lose around a 100 or VPs, but the Steam Tank represents close to three times that.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don't play that long to no what these guys do, could you explain a bit. Not the point costs and that sort of illegal stuff, just the information you can give. Theire weaknesses and strenghtes.

·
Registered
222 Posts
WE are darn near useless against a Steam Tank. Ive tried many times to think of how to take one down, but havent come up with much. I think all you can do is to move forests and stuff in front of it. Other than that, Im stumped.

As for that darn casket... jeez. Just try to stay in the forest, I guess. But then youll never get to shoot anything. Or hope your opponent doesnt get a hill. Or do just what you said and save your DD for it.

I think the best I can do is just wish you good luck, lol.

-BigPappa.

·
453 Posts
As said, save your scrolls or 3 DD for the Casket, as for the Stanks . . . well, you can only learn by playing against them I guess. A lot of people hype them up, but unfortunatly for good reason. The winning army from my heat of the GT had 2 Stanks, 4 Cannons, 2 wizards and An Arch Lector on Wagon - I watched it tear a wood elf skirmishing line apart.

Ok ok, I know that doesn't help. To play against Stanks with elves it's simply really, go for the points you can get - Table Quaters, Standards, General, BSB and ignore the Stank. In order to get points for Stanks you have to kill them, which is especially difficult for low Strength elves. Treekin can possibly hold up a stank for a turn or two if they get the charge, but otherwise stay away from them, especially with your immune to Psych units that can't flee as a charge reaction. Remeber though, the Stank never fails a charge - it always moves it's full steam points.

Here's hoping you don't face um.

·
Registered
845 Posts
So far, neither steam tank nor casket.

I did face Empire but he was a twig.
Well duh...he was empire :p But seriously, i think that the 2 units your worried about are kinda rare. Not many people have used them in my area, and there are quite a few empire/tomb kings players. The casket of souls should be decent with enough dispel scroll caddies, but for the steam tank, the best i can say is a treeman, but you said you didnt have one. Avoiding it shouldnt be that hard though, as wood elves are fairly maneuverable. The only thing is the cannon. Thats when i pray for a misfire :p

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
222 Posts
I took a steam tank down with an alter lord once. Took somme really lucky rolling. I spent several turns pounding into it with arcade bodkins, and then I got bored and chardged it. Destroyed it with a greatweapon which was fun.

My oppenant got upset and walked outside and went home. i think it was because it was his first game at vets night and i destoyed his favourite unit. At least I did it quicker than a britonnian player.

·
Registered
191 Posts
LOL, that's cool Sabeel786, always fun to see players get so upset with there lose that tthey walk out. DavidVC04, ignoring things isn't one of my favourite thing to do, but I'm very glad it worked oke. Asrai, just the best:party:.

·
A Freaking Ninja!
271 Posts
ive only played against the casket once, and to kill it i deployed some ww's and charged into combat with the guards & hierophant in turn 2 (i think thats what theyre called) killed them with my 2 attacks a piece :D

ive never played against a steam tank

how did your tourney go David ?

i went to a local one on the weekend 1500pts, my 2 units of wildriders were just awesome (2 nobles in them with dawnspear & spear of twilight, killing pretty much everything) i didnt win the tourney though, but i got best painted army award :)

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ive only played against the casket once, and to kill it i deployed some ww's and charged into combat with the guards & hierophant in turn 2 (i think thats what theyre called) killed them with my 2 attacks a piece :D

ive never played against a steam tank

how did your tourney go David ?

i went to a local one on the weekend 1500pts, my 2 units of wildriders were just awesome (2 nobles in them with dawnspear & spear of twilight, killing pretty much everything) i didnt win the tourney though, but i got best painted army award :)
I put up a report in the Bat Reports section. You can read about it there. I did well but not well enough to matter. It was fun, really big. 84 people.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
A friend of mine finished 4th overall (slaaneshi beasts J.Hannaway) and another right above you (red lizard skink horde J. Spurgeon). I also know the guy who finished just behind you Jesse Garrett. You're in good company, those guys are tough to play against.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A friend of mine finished 4th overall (slaaneshi beasts J.Hannaway) and another right above you (red lizard skink horde J. Spurgeon). I also know the guy who finished just behind you Jesse Garrett. You're in good company, those guys are tough to play against.
Cool, I play Jesse all the time. He should have scored above me since he had one more win than I did.

Spurgeon kicked by butt. I almost swung a draw, but his solid play, my mistakes, and some sub-par dice weren't going to win me a game.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts