Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'v been building my Deamon Hunters army, seeing what I would like to buy in order to expand on the core of my army.
At the moment, The core of my army is two squads of Grey Knights and my Hero. I was wondering what advice my fellow Deamon Hunter commanders might have on building an army off such a base?

Also, I'm wondering, when it says in the Codex "This GreyKnight may be given equipment from the armoury" Does that include weapons as well? (I'm assuming it does, considering an armoury is where you store weapons, but i'd rather be 200% sure before I play anyone with the army)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'v been building my Deamon Hunters army, seeing what I would like to buy in order to expand on the core of my army.
At the moment, The core of my army is two squads of Grey Knights and my Hero. I was wondering what advice my fellow Deamon Hunter commanders might have on building an army off such a base?
I would recommend at least 1 squad of GK terminators. They all have S 6 power weapons so are great in HTH (even better than GK in power armor who can kick butt).
I would recommend either a Dreadnought or Land Raider for some anti-armor
Other than that.. go with more GK in power armor, maybe pick up some of the new figures w/psycannons.

Also, I'm wondering, when it says in the Codex "This GreyKnight may be given equipment from the armoury" Does that include weapons as well? (I'm assuming it does, considering an armoury is where you store weapons, but i'd rather be 200% sure before I play anyone with the army)
Yes it does, as the Armoury includes both weapons and wargear. However, in the beginning paragraph of the Armoury it specifically says that GK in power armor may only use Wargear (so no weapons) because they are "forbidden to use lesser weapons". Other than that anyone else can use weapons. Also remember, only weapons with a * can be used by models in terminator armor.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<smiles> Thank you very much for the advice and confirming that i'm not going totally wrong with how i'm building my army :)

Keep the advice comin if you got it.

I was thinking maybe not even having any storm troopers in my army, althought they are a plentyful source of troops.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah, I'v been wondering about this.

Looking through the armoury pages I find there is no point cost at all for certain, so I would assume these mean they have no point cost (A fairly stupid question but a part of me wonders lol)

So if I wished, I would equip Psycannon bolts but nothing else but also for no point cost?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hmm.. I'm not quite certain what you were looking for/asking about. However, Psycannon bolts cost 10 points, so to equip a model with psycannon bolts you would need to add 10 points to the cost of the model. Unless, of course, the model is wielding a psycannon (which automatically has the bolts and the bolts are included in the psycannon stat line and the cost of the psycannon).

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hehe, sorry, I was really tired when I wrote that and forgot to come back when I was awake and edit! :D

Yeah, thats what I was asking about, but I in the codex it simply does not list a cost for psybolts, for troopers, it does list it for Vehicles as 10 points.

The wording of it for the troops makes it sound like they are always equiped with them tho :|

·
Registered
178 Posts
in the text it says somthing to thge effect of " they wont use any other weapons other than the blessed weapons of thier chapter" now to me that means they wont use any thing but the NFW and psycannons and incinerators. so could the justicars take them?? they are chapter weapons.
and when is GW going to a FAQ?? this book needs it more desperatly than any other in history.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Elandili: I'd need to check my codex again, but I was pretty sure under the Wargear listing on the chart it showed a cost of 10 points for psybolts. No, they do not come with them. It is a wargear option that you can buy for any Inquisitor/GK terminator hero/justicar as long as they are wielding a bolt weapon. The upgrade to their ammo costs 10 points. Regular GK (power armor or terminator armor, doesn't matter) cannot add on psybolts because it is a wargear option only and only designated figures can purchase wargear.

SockMonkey: Actually, the text says that GK in power armor cannot use any items from the Weapons section of the armory, because they refuse to use lesser weapons. Justicars can only take Wargear is basically what they are saying. This then means they cannot take psycannons and incinerators since both of those are in the Weapons section (doesn't make much sense, but hey...I didn't make the rules).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.