Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do Advisors fall under the Independant character rule? I see nothing in the ruld book for this or any related rules. I ask because I want to know if i can target my buddies commisar in CC.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If they're not specified as independent characters, they are not. As advisors, a commissar is not an independent character, so it can't be singled out. You can use regular guardsmen to help shield him and his power fist.

·
Registered
263 Posts
In previous editions of the game, didn't officers not count as ICs as long as their men were alive? I guess this is offset by being able to hide Commissars with powerfists in our squads, but it is still interesting.

To re-iterate, they count as regular squad members and consequently can't be picked out.

·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well thanks for the claraty, I'll have to just deal with killing the whole squad then.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Haha, deal with 4 tougness 3 +5 save guys, I'm sure that'll take a whole round of combat!

·
596 Posts
There are infact two different types of commisars available in an IG army.

The first is as an adviser that usally only exsists in a command squad. This commisar in NOT an IC.

The second type of commisar can be attatched to any squad by purchasing a doctrine. This commisar IS an IC.

So, if the commisar is in and HQ unit-probably not an IC.
If the commisar is in any other squad- probably an IC, so just ask your opponent if he is and IC.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
to add to plasma catchers post, your opponent will only field one or the other type so a standard commisar is not an IC, but one must be attached to HQ and then command squads in platoons before units, independant commisars are ICs but can be put anywhere, hence if you encounter a commisar in a non command squad he is probably an IC unless there is a commisar in every command squad he has

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.