Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!!
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lots of Pics...

Howdy everybody!

This forum (Librarium-Online) is the best little corner on the internet devoted to tabletop wargaming. I have to thank all of you for being here and contributing and participating in all the various threads and discussions. I love seeing your work and enthusiasm, and I am honored to be part of the community.

The LO community has been what has motivated me to paint for the last year. I recently came to the conclusion that I have far too many marines.

- This is a good thing.

So, I would like to have this thread be my permanently WIP showcase of my Chaos Space Marine army, "Perdition's Flame" (7th company, Black Legion)

I know you have seen some of these miniatures before, I will try to have new photos of everything in this thread, and there will be plenty of new stuff... check back often!

Enjoy!

Group Shots
(click into these - they get big...)

I have never had the whole army out in one go -- I am amazed at how much I have. Apocalypse anyone??
-Actually, this photo is old, it has none of my Nurgle in it!

Nurgle Army

Some Khorne troopers

Slaaneshi tableau

HQ

No name for this guy yet. He is used as a flying Lord with a Daemon weapon.

Lord Fred, Destroyer of the un-chaosy.

Lord Zufhor, the early years. (before he became the awesome Forge World model that I haven't painted yet...)

The Daemon brothers of Nurgle. Dubya and Jeb.

There is a rule somewhere, I think, that everybody on the planet must have a Kharn...

Daemon Prince, made from the Be'Lakor model. Painted him up to match a neat squad of Thousand Sons - looking guys that I bought from a local store.

Slaaneshi Demon Prince.

A very cool Biker Lord that I got from a fellow gamer at one of our local Rogue Traders. I might get a bike squad to roll with this guy, once my Emperor's Children bikers are finished.

Typhus. This is a very nice model, if you like Death Guard, Nurgle, or even just terminators, you should paint one of these for your collection.

ELITE

Cypher is such a cool model and character that every Chaos player should have one. Plus, Fallen Dark Angels are just awesome!

The best assault troops in the game. Painted by Blue Table Painting - great people, wonderful job!

Sorcerer Dra'kken and his retinue. Formerly Brother Librarian Drake of the Ultramarines, Dra'kken fell from the Emperor's light in a battle near the Eye of Terror only a few decades ago. He helped heal and repair some of his wounded battle-brothers, and taught them the truths of change -- knowledge he fully understood and accepted, now that it was clearer due to his proximity to the warp-strewn Eye. Perdition's Flame will happily recruit renegades into it's ranks, and since then, Dra'kken and his brethren have been at the forefront of the battle to destroy the Golden Throne.

Noise Marines

Noise Marines

This squad and the next are very versatile - mix them together and you get Alpha Legion. Use the full squads together and you have Rubrics or Mark of Tzeentch. Peel away the Iconography from the Green ones and they make decent Death Guard... It goes on and on!

These 2 squads of Tzeentch-y looking guys were bought from the same chap who made the Biker Lord pictured above. These are wonderfully painted - because the paintjob is extremely simple, and looks very, very good.

My take on Thousand Sons. Ghost marines!! I have a new sorcerer in progress, this one was photographed again to make the photo complete.

Here are some of my Plague Marine squads

Plague Marine squad

Another Plague Marine squad

TROOPS

Squad 1

Squad 2

Various Marines

My first squad of Chaos Marines. Painted in the era of 3rd BGB, 2nd Codex. I gotta re-base these guys...

ARMOR

TACTICAL DREADNOUGHT ARMOR

Death Guard Obliterators

If you can't tell, I absolutely love Terminators. The models are why I paint Citadel miniatures, why I play 40K... Blame it on Space Hulk, I guess. I will probably never stop painting these guys.

HEAVY

Defiler "The Brass Crab"

Before the plastic Defiler model was released, there was an all-bitz model in the US Troll magazine. This is it, minus a couple of pieces. I love it -- and other players are terrified of it.

Venerable brother Bob, Banelord Dreadnought of Chaos, destroyer of the Templar scouts, eater of Kroot, stomper of Gretchin, and singer of the ballad of "Abbadon and the 7 maidens"...

DAEMON

Flesh Hounds - these make wonderful lesser daemons -people seem to be more afraid of these models than something more 'normal'

Bloodletters

My old "Bloodletters". Painted by Blue Table Painting - I think they did a great job!

FAST

I love these models, and will get more someday. (but the new SMurf jumpack marines look like they could be chaos-ified with wonderful result...) Mu-ha-ha-ha!!

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Nice! I like him. Do you do varnishes? It looks it. Not a bad thing, mind you, especially if your goal is painting lots of guys quickly, and still looking professional. My only quibble is that it looks a little too "shiny." Have you considered a spray (or brush on) matte finish to dull it down in spots?

I like the base. Brave choice, using the "stick up the butt" method of making him appear to be in mid-air. Most players pooh-pooh this, as it is often not very stable, and prompts too many dirty jokes, but I much prefer something like this to the "let's just paint the stem black and PRETEND it's not there!" method (*cough* Seraphim *cough*).

How is the model attached to the base?

·
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the base. Brave choice, using the "stick up the butt" method of making him appear to be in mid-air. ~snip~ How is the model attached to the base?
Well, a paperclip is attached to the bottom of the backpack-wings thence to the base. It is then photoshopped out of the picture.

·
I killed Alpharius
352 Posts
Excellant painting Aeroplane the flying lord with deamonic weapon is so cool. Keep up the good work.:happy:

-Dwayne

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Well, a paperclip is attached to the bottom of the backpack-wings thence to the base. It is then photoshopped out of the picture.
AHA!!! CHEATER!!!

Naw, it looks good. Do you varnish, though? Just curious.

Nice sig quote, btw.

·
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AHA!!! CHEATER!!!
Naw, it looks good. Do you varnish, though? Just curious.
Yep. For a couple of reasons, firstly because it makes a hard coat on the outside of the mini that is nigh impossible to wear off, secondly because it complements the palette that my army is painted in, thirdly, I like the way it gives tons of bang for the buck in looks, and lastly, it photographs extremely well. (although they look shinier in pictures, duller in real life.)

it can take an average miniature and make it look great, a good paint job becomes awesome. Also, an extremely good paintjob would be ruined by it...

Nice sig quote, btw.
Glad you like it! One of the finest sci-fi movies ever made. Kahn was a great character - an excellent bad guy. That movie was also responsible for Star Trek flourshing for the next 2 decades.

The quote itself is just a twist on a line from Moby Dick, btw...

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
The regular marines are my favourite easily!
that vien on khornes arm look like its about to explode, which is probably a good thing since he always pissed off.

but the regular marines are the win for me, so many of them and the havocs also look wicked, such nice schemes going on here.

THE PAPERCLIP!

I was staring at it for ages trying to see how it was held up, I figured it was photoshopped but I didn't know people used it for such things :p

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
The quote itself is just a twist on a line from Moby Dick, btw...
As is a great deal of that film. Good stuff.

"From Hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit... my last... breath... at thee..."

·
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The regular marines are my favourite easily!
~snip~
but the regular marines are the win for me, so many of them and the havocs also look wicked, such nice schemes going on here.
Thanks for the comment. I spend a lot of time on the 'regular blokes' making them look different and cool - I try to mix at least one piece of loyalist armor or equipment into each guy, just for grins. I also love purity seals, or in my army's case, impurity seals! Just cause they look neat. But the best frikkin thing out there is the new box of possessed. If you build the possessed as intended, they are way over the top and look strange. But if you look a the 2 possessed sprues as the "Chaos Marine accessory and customization sprue" you will get a bunch on wonderful looking CSM. Just mix 'n match to your heart's desire and have fun!

I have a bunch more guys in various stages WIP, stay tuned.

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
haha awesome! I don't like them because as you said they are too over the top, and when it comes to something that is supposed to be random and completely crazy, I prefer the home-made look, because its better to have 6 slightly crappier built guys that look nothing alike than 6 that are all exactly the same, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the wings though, that would help me with an issue I'm having with my possessed.

I prefer the term "corruption seals", but they certainly make them look varied, sort of the look I wanted for my chosen marines, because even regular marines have been around the block a few times right? I'm sure if I was crushing skulls and blowing holes in scum all day, I'd want trophy's of my accomplishments, and not only that, it looks purely evil :)

Are those seals made? or are they off marine sprues? Cos the ones I make tend to be too big.

·
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are those seals made? or are they off marine sprues? Cos the ones I make tend to be too big.
Between the normal marine sprues, the commander, terminators, and other such stuff, there are lots of seals to be had. I have tried making my own, but like you, can't seem to make them small enough...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Crap in a hat! It's work like that that makes me angry at myself for not spending more time painting - your model work, basis in fluff, conversions, and certainly the paint jobs themselves are all A freaking Plus.

·
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well, I added a few pics to the first post - I will add all new completed photos to the first post, and any WIP stuff down here.

NEW! Armor - 2 Predators and 3 Rhinos in the top post today.

Also, I have decided to do the Close-combat terminator squad that I have been planning off and on for awhile. I bought 2 new boxes of Termies (one Chaos and one Loyalist) and will be building them up over the next couple of weeks. I will have enough models left over for at least one full squad. I'll be trying for a pre-heresy look to some of them, it should be fun.

·
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WIP stuff ----

Project Magnetic Terminators:

already magnetized weapons

Torso

WIP guy with magnets

Project big guys:

A Daemon Prince WIP

WIP Keeper (Daemonettes to follow)

·
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Added finished picture of winged Daemon Prince to first post.

·
Registered
269 Posts
looks good aeroplane. i have to admit when the title said "Aeroplane's Chaos Marines" it made me think you were making chaos models of some sort with aero plane jelly or to that effect. Crazy i know.

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
Nice to see aero! I was just working on my chaos army at the time as well! It's been so neglected over the past few months while I've been working on various other projects.

I stand by my first claim that the regular boys look the best, the terminators also kick ass but the only thing (as harsh as you may take it ) that I don't like is the freehand on the rhinos, I think it detracts a lot from what is otherwise a nice looking rhino. Sorry.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i must say everything is great, i love the raptors, for some reason i always had an obsession wiht how they look and you painted them well along with the great base. nice work man, keep it going!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts