Wargor - 165Battle Standard Bearer
Horn of the First Beast
Additional Hand Weapon

Bray-Shaman - 92
Level 2 Wizard
Gnarled Hide
Additional Hand Weapon

Core

Gor Herd - 345 (Level 4 and BSB is here)
40 Gors
Foe-Render
Musician
Standard Bearer
Additonal Hand Weapons

Gor Herd - 345 (Level 2 in here)40 Gors
Foe-Render
Musician
Standard Bearer
Additonal Hand Weapons

Special

Bestigor Herd - 270
20 BestigorsGouge-horn
Musician
Standard Bearer

Bestigor Herd - 270
20 BestigorsGouge-horn
Musician
Standard Bearer

Bestigor Herd - 270
20 BestigorsGouge-horn
Musician
Standard Bearer

This is all i could come up with after reading other comments on here, but any criticism is greatly accepted...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
you need some chalf some thing to distract and block with. you also need to drop gors to fit in your characters. you really want your bestigor units biggger as they will take hits before they hit back. your characters need protection what lores you running? this kind of list would benefit form wild form spam. I Think you can only have gnarled hide once someone may tell you other wise.

I would consider dropping 1 gor herd and maybe take some hounds or raiders maybe some chariots to hammer combine the bestigors int 30 unints 6x5 formation take 3 level 2 beast casters they will only be able to stop 1 maybe 2 wild forms with luck, your bsb and and beast lord also consider som angry pigs (razagors) they are decent little unit. ofc someone else may advise you other wise.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Gnarled hide - only 1 allowed per army... put on BSB
General/Shaman needs a 4++ ward save
BSB - consider beast banner
Merge bestigor units and give them the standard of discipline... put general here to benefit from +1 Ld to his bubble
Razorgors, Harpies, and Ungor Raiders needed for chaff deflection and warmachine hunting

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I would consider this

38 gors AHW, full command standard of disaplin, great brey shaman Lvl 4 shadow jagged dagger gorge tusks many limbe fiend AHW Tali of pres, This gives you with the banner a LD 9 bubble, stats wise he will have 4 armour pircing str 4 attacks, with a 4++ and tough 5 hard to kill. Then bsb gnarled hide enchated shield HA, tali of endurance thats 1+5++ tough 5 beastie very hard to kill, pop those 2 in the gors to make 40 8x5 all of this nicely boosted with wild form and your enemy shadowed so the need 6's to wound, and a nice LD9 bubble with re-rolls.

2 level 2 beasts each in 29 besti gors with standard that give you a nice solid base then with 2 wild forms.

Throw in some dogs and couple of chariots and some harpies for war machines and your golden

you could take 3 lvl 1 beast instead of the 2 level2's. take a heard stone put a shaman in each unit thats 3 wild forms with +1 cast so you need to be rolling 7 to cast.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Herdstone posse doesn't work well with wild form due to its relatively short range. That is why you usually see shadow.

Dogs are cheap but flee if looked at the wrong way and can cause panic checks in your units if you are not careful. They either need to stay close to your general or far away from your critical units. I prefer harpies and razorgors for chaff hunting. (I know d_k_patt... you dont like big piggies.)

d_k_patt... I think your BSB is illegal... gnarled hide, Ench Shield and Tal of End > 50pts - (You can get 2+/5++ with gnarled hide, Armor of Fortune and shield though)

I still like the beast banner on the BSB... wild form can be dispelled... Not much can stand up to 30 S5 attacks (I3) that re-roll misses (S6 with wild form...hehe)

Another fun way to go with your great shaman is to give him the Lore of Beasts with Fencers Blades, Talis of Pres and Hagtree Fetish. The fetish makes flock of doom and the Amber Spear spells to be fearful of.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I like the pigs but when points are tight you can get 10 dogs I just use them to block and Re direct.

So he is its 55pts of magic I forgot they pay 10 for enchanted shield. I am personally not herdstone kinda restricts your movement the beast banner is good but you can't protect what is then you exspensive bsb. Also where are the 30 str 5 gors are str 3 basic and besti are 6 with great weapons? It only gives you +1 strength.

The fencers blade are good for ws10 but with primal fury and Re rolls it's not that great. I love the hag tree fetish 20pts well spent you could have ma.y limbed fiend George tusks hag tree fetish tali of pres

·
Registered
288 Posts
OOps...bad math on my part... S4 (bumped to S5 with wild form)

Protecting the BSB(or any model in this army) is a real challenge. The entire army is light on defense.

Fencers Blade is a defensive item... It makes most models you face hit you on a 5+... that means a lot fewer ward saves for me. If my shaman is in a challenge I have lost anyways.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
yeah he shouldn't be in fights where he needs the ws10 still believe the 4++ is mor important as for attacks thats up to you you can go fencers blades many limbed fiend so you have 4 ws10 str4 attacks thats a fair whack or drop many limbed for jagged blade for generating more power dice, with bsb tali of endurance gnarled hide HA charmed shield that a 2+5++ with a 2++ first hit i am pretty sure you cant take gnarled hide with beast banner if you can though i defo would take gnarled hide HA and shield for 2+ at least.

yeah str 5 tough 5 gors are badass to put it politely with a front rank of 8 4 attacks from Great brey shaman 3 from bsb 3 from champ and 18 from gors (including support) thats 28 str 5 attacks your right not alot can stad up to that you need the numbers to take those hits.

This all said a great brey shaman under the beast banner with my load out would give him ws5 with re rolls 4 str 5 armour piercing attacks, tough 5 4++ put jagged blade and uncanny senses for the initiative boost and i wouldn't bet against him in a challenage if you got stuck in one (with some help from shadow hehe).

·
Registered
288 Posts
Remember that Fencers Blades is a paired weapon so it gives an extra attack.

Gifts count against your magic item points allotment but are NOT "magic items" in the beast book so they don't prevent you from taking a banner... (old rules still in effect for this) So you can take gifts AND a magic banner... until the new book is published!

My standard BSB loadout is Beast Banner, HA, Shield and Gnarled Hide.

My preferred Great Shaman build out is Talis of Pres, Fencers Blade and Hagtree Fetish... Lore of Beasts. I dont worry if he does any melee damage... I just want his magic phase to hurt! I still dont want him to fight against lords... my meta is a lot of Chaos, Vamp Counts, High Elves and Lizards

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Shadow is better in that meta I guess I would enjoy the extra discount with 2 beast casters one of which can carry hag tree fetish

Then take the beast banner gor combo put in a bad ass great shaman and that's a great unit.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Ofc if you want an banner bearer with a bit more punch and survivability take a gore bull mount him on a 50mm x 50mm base to take up 4 spaces beast banner heavy armour gnarled hide many limbed creature ahw he would be str 6 tough 5 4 wounds 7 attacks 3+ not bad if you ask me in a big block of gors Lvl 4 shadow in bestigors with standard of disaplin and another bestigors unit with a level 2 beast/ death.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts