Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm playing Alaitoc eldar and have bought two blisters of Rangers, two sets of Dire Avengers and a Farseer and will fight Imperial Guard and Dark Eldar and am open to any suggestions on how to beat them. I am particularly worried about the Imperial Guard Basilisk Earthshaker...how do I take one of those out?
Also does anyone have any list, I haven't seen many Alaitoc ones...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
a fire prism would do VERY nicely.

the fire prism is armed with a prism cannon and would do very very nicely against the basalisk, especially wehn given the crystal targeting matrix. i cant give the stats of the gun but look in the codex.( i can say this tho, with the prism cannons high str, simliar to that of a las cannon ;) and very long range it would be effective)

also the crystal targeting matirx allowsd u to move(so put it behind a wall or woods then move 6 inches to get line of fire) then fire in the moement phase(self explanatory) then move move 6 inches(back behind cover) but no more cuz the totla distance moved is how many weapons u can fire. the basalisk wouldnt be able o hit you!

any other concerns?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Here is an example of what i think is a good Alaitoc army. This was the army i was thinking about using for a very long time until i decided on Saim Hann.

1 Farseer (HQ) @ 62 Pts
CC Weapon (x1); Shuriken Pistol (x1)
Fortune [20]

5 Alaitoc Path-finders (Elites) @ 120 Pts
Shuriken Pistol; Ranger Long Rifle

9 Striking Scorpions (Elites) @ 207 Pts
Mandiblasters; Shuriken Pistol & CCW

1 Exarch @ [63] Pts
Mandiblasters; Scorpion's Claw; Shuriken Pistol
Stealth [20]

4 Rangers (Troops) @ 76 Pts

16 Guardian Storm Squad (Troops) @ 170 Pts
Shuriken Pistol & CCW (x16)

1 Warlock @ [42] Pts
Witchblade (x1); Shuriken Pistol (x1)
Enhance [15]

1 Vyper Squadron (Fast Attack) @ 65 Pts
Linked Shuriken Catapults (x1); Bright Lance (x1)

1 Vyper Squadron (Fast Attack) @ 65 Pts
Linked Shuriken Catapults (x1); Bright Lance (x1)

This is a 1000 pt list.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well its matters on the point cost of the army is set at. For a 1500 points game try to use the diruption table to your advantage. It can really ***** of certain ppl. Imaging Flinging 2 d6's of 6 and taking out someons Archon HQ( hard i know, but very much possible). Here try this list if your going for a 1500 point army. Its proved its self an expert necron player( well not really ,but i didnt lose one unit in this army againts it except my stupid Wraithlord...couln't hit for beans)

HQ:72
Farseer(40)
Guide(30)
CCW(1)
Pistol(1)

Troops:570
5 Rangers(95)
5 Rangers(95)
5 Rangers(95)
5 Rangers(95)
5 Rangers(95)
5 Rangers(95)

Elites:458
5 Path Finder(120)
5 Warp Spiders(110) 1 Exarch *2nd Death spinner* and *WithDraw* (59)
5 Warp Spiders(110) 1 Exarch *2nd Death spinner* and *WithDraw* (59)

Heavy Support:390
Wraith Lord(75) Bright Lance(45)
Wraith Lord(75) Bright Lance(45)
3 Support Weapons(60) 3 D-Cannons(90)

Use the warp spiders to tie ppl up and stuff and maby glance the back of the basilisk( i dont know the av of a basilisk) str 6 rapis fire might take it out if your lucky.

·
LO Zealot
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Basilisk is an artillery unit so it has terrible armour values. Guardians could take one out! It's getting to it thats hard. Mabye Swooping Hawks and their grenade packs...

·
Registered
348 Posts
I remember an old black and white movie that I watched one time. It was set in the Korean War. A sergeant was inspecting a machine gun position and the crew said, "We're fine... this baby spits out 1000 rounds a minute." The sergeant replies, "You better hope there isn't 1001 north koreans."

That's what I think of every time I make an anti-guard army. In order to take out any of their weapons (minus obvious walkers and tanks), I'll have to kill a dozen or so guard to get to that heavy weapon. So, think templates.... think multiple shot weapons... think shooting every turn you possibly can.... think economy of shots (least pt cost per shot).

·
Registered
188 Posts
watch out for the dark eldar. If the guy knows how to play with them then you need to be really careful. Dark eldar look like mince meat from the outside but as far as I know (and have experienced) Dark eldar can pop up anywhere on the battlefield.

P.S : Watch out for mandrakes and whyches

·
Registered
235 Posts
Okay, the mandrakes suck. so they cna appear anywhere they want so what? they have the same stats as a basic DE warrior, but cost like 4 times more. somehting thats going to be pretty hard to take out is the HQ with shadowfield save. that's goign to save his ass so many times its not funny. best is to try to aim for death spinners which can instant kill. enough shots will force him to fail a shadowfield test

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.