Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings painters,

My question is how do you paint albino skin tones I plan on doing this for my beastmen (keeping with my northern army theme) I planned on painting the skin albino and the fur a white-ish gray or some such.:|

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would say white with a wash of ice blue, (mix paint with water and, get this, liquid soap.) It would look really hot if you painted the intire model in different shades for blues and white, like darker blue fur and silver weapons and such, mabie contrasted my red blood.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Actual albinos are usually kinda pinkish...blood kinda showin through. Maybe instead of blue, do a warmish lavender base.

·
Registered
602 Posts

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
As with Beastmen I do not think pure white would work, they are not the cleanest of creatures. ;) But maybe start with a brownish base? Maybe Graveyard Earth and add in bleached bone before adding in skull white progressively, add in a few washing - browns, blacks, reds.. make them glazes (extremely thin washes - almost like tinted water).

Overall I say get a number of models and test them. Try all suggestions here and then some of your own, you will find a way. This is how I do my stuff.

KU

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have a bit of soap to the wash, or could the tiding effect be used to an advantage like spots of caked up dirty filth and grime

·
Art Culinaire
1,699 Posts
sorry to deviate the thread but isnt using washes a way of getting opaq colors

·
Registered
95 Posts
sorry to deviate the thread but isnt using washes a way of getting opaq colors
definately not.
They are used in 2 ways; 1 as a thin glaze to tone down a colour and 2 as a wash that lands in all the recesses and gives a bit of blending

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
id steer away from browns- they will make the fur look too muddy IMO. go for greys and off whites like bleached bone mixed with skull white- have a look at pictures of arctic animals and white goats etc to see what colour they are

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well as said before beastmen are not the cleanest of creatures so the muddy look would not be that bad but not to the point were they look like they were rolling in a mud puddle I like the actic animal suggestion though, I could switch between the two albino patterns for some and artic patterns for the general grouping...this is just one of many ideas

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now do you think the dip method would work for this type of color scheme?

·
Registered
723 Posts
i would definetly go from a light grey, fortress if i remember correctly(GW paint line), then go to white/light grey, to straight white. then maybe a wash with light grey with a small bit of blue. that seems right to me. try it and reply. please post pics.

also, do the stuff assembly line style.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well my gors are now in the Prime and soon in the undercoat stage, as you all know I'm going to be painting my beast herd as albino and in winter colors.
The Foe Render and bray shaman will be albino while the other gors and ungor wil be done in winter colors.

Now for the albinos I plan on using a bleach bone base and then mixing bleach bone and white and finally white.

Now for the regular gors and ungors how could I get a good winter color for skin and fur I've been looking at pics of artic wolves and polar bears, and it look like I would use the same color but using a base coat of bleach bone and then a mix of bleach bone and white as a highlight

Now what would I use for my base coat before I started painting on my bleach bone I was thinking a light brown color such as vomit brown?

·
Formerly C/-Rt3r
833 Posts
Go for a light pink undercoat and highlight up from that. If you look at pics of albinos they are all pinkish white. If you did a pink undecoat you would capture this. Also remember to make the eyes pink as all albinos have pink eyes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts