Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there im hoping to build a space marine army with grey knights as allies, i will be concentraiting on long-medium range firepower. I will be using pedro kantor and lots of sternguard aswell as tac squads so scouring units wont be a problem
I am hoping to include some GK's for there shooting supiriority and ability to handle themselves in cc if push comes to shove.
i was mostly wondering about posible squad sizes and special weapons. i am aiming for a 1750 army and am willing to use around 500 on GK's to back up my space marines,

i was hoping you could give me some advise on GK's to use and what to use them with out of the sm codex. thank you for your time reading this and any information you want i will be happy to give.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Do what most do, Grey Knight Terminators. You can give one a psycannon and I think you can also give the BC one as well.

Even though they're a little pricey, you can easily get a good squad with a Grandmaster which would give you a free force weapon.

Really though, if you don't want the GKTs you could always take a two squads of PAGKs with two psycannons each or even take one as a fast attack and deepstrike them.

Personally, I think the Termies would probably fit best. You might be able to get both though. I don't have my book infront of me otherwise I'd give you exacts.

:silly:

Edit: DERP

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im eging more towards paGK's at the moment maybe 2 squads with psycannons...

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Well, it all depends on what you want. 2 squads of 7 pagk's with 2 psycannon will put you up with exactly 500 points.

You could have 2 squads of 4 GKT's with 2 psycannons. For less then 10 points extra.

You could have 1 GKGM (Str6 force weapon, bs 5 psycannon), 1 bc with psycannon and 4 regular termi's with 1 psycannon. for bout 20 points less

You could have 2 squads of 9 pagk without any special weapons. for 500 pts

You can have 2 squads of 6 termi's for less then 500 pts without special weapons.

Don't forget any GKT can exchange their nemesis weapon & stormbolter with a TH&SS.

I think these are the options you are looking for, don't think I'm breaking any rules as these points can be found in army lists as well...

Good lcuk with the list:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
can only take one GKT Squad as Elites and one as HQ

0-1 HQ
0-1 Elite
0-2 Troops
0-1 Fast
0 Heavy Suport

I love the termi's and if you want decent shooting and good CC I would take th GM and ret. They are awsome.

Mine has never survived a game but They alwasy show up on turn 2 with DS and kill atleast 700-800 average before being wiped out finaly in the last trun.

I run a GM w/ Hood w/ 5x Tremi's w/ 1x Incenerator 410pts

Good luck

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
can only take one GKT Squad as Elites and one as HQ

0-1 HQ
0-1 Elite
0-2 Troops
0-1 Fast
0 Heavy Suport

I love the termi's and if you want decent shooting and good CC I would take th GM and ret. They are awsome.

Mine has never survived a game but They alwasy show up on turn 2 with DS and kill atleast 700-800 average before being wiped out finaly in the last trun.

I run a GM w/ Hood w/ 5x Tremi's w/ 1x Incenerator 410pts

Good luck
Which means you can field 2 identical GKT squads.

THat's always nice to have, but I wouldn't COUNT on them doing that. They can but could also get plasma'ed in the turn after they arrive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.