Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! I am currently working on an army for this year's conflict. I have always liked stealth, and thus, Alith Anar is one of my favourite characters. However, Conflict is only 1,000 points, so I was wondering what sort of units you would expect to see in an army under his control?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am afraid the answer is... Absolutely none! Alith Anar (as cool as he is) is a Lord choice which is not legal in 1,000 pt games. Unless I suppose you are playing some kind of special game...? I made a 2000 pt. list with Anar, it was pretty cool ^^

Regards,

VD*

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
@Vanquisher: I think he meant to ask what kind of units should be in Alith Anar's scouting force or something because he cannot field him in a 1000p. battle as stated in his post.

Lots of shadow warriors (duh...), maybe some WL as nagarythe is pretty close to chrace, spearmen, ellyrion reavers. Pretty much it. This could prove a challenging list to play though as you are looking for lots of units who usually only provide supporting roles in the game.

Good luck anyway!:happy:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hmmm Did he edit that? Perhaps I read it wrong = ( Grrrr It was to early for meh, just got back from swimming and I was tired, actually I am still tiredddddddddddddddddddddddddd (fell down on keyboard...)

Regards,

VD*

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you both for your comments. I apologise for the vagueness of my original post. I did indeed want some pointers for unit choice for a smaller or scouting group under the ultimate fluffy control of Alith Anar.

I came up with this list:

Heroes:

Noble:
- Reaver bow
- Great Weapon
- Light armour

Mage
- Jewel of the Dusk
- Silver Wand
- Lvl 2

Core:

12 Lothern Sea Guard
- Standard
- Musician
- Shields

11 Lorthern Sea Guard
- Standard
- Musician
- Shields

Special:

5 Ellyrian Reavers
- Standard
- Musician
- Bows

5 Shadow Warriors
- Shadow walker
Rare:

2xRBT

·
Registered
106 Posts
It is a cool list, as for its effectiveness = ( IMHO your LSG units are a bit to small, and how are you expecting to deploy these things? Furthermore LSG in general in small games... They haven't been as effective for me compared to spearmen (which would save you some points...) The RBT's that you got in there are a good choice, but it seems they are your only powerful units, I realize that you are trying to keep a theme but... You need some more "power" units, perhaps some White Lions? WL kind of fit the theme? I bet Alith would coordinate with Charce, seeing as how its close to the dark lands... Hope this helps a little bit. P.S Good choice with the Reaver Bow btw, a lot of people underestimate it but its great ^^ A few games ago I took out a whole unit of bull ogres just by himself ^^

Regards,

VD*

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I changed the army list. It now consists:

Heroes:

Noble:
- Reaver bow
- Great Weapon
- Light armour

Mage
- Jewel of the Dusk
- Silver Wand
- Lvl 2

Core:

14 Spearmen
- Standard
- Musician

Special:

5 White Lions

5 White Lions

5 Ellyrian reavers
- Standard
- Musician
- Bows

5 Shadow Warriors

Rare:

2xRBT

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will mix and match for my opponents until I am comfortable in my effective use of the lore of shadow.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
Sounds awesome. Is you're mage going to use lore of shadows?
lore of shadows would be fluffy, but unfortunately not very practical. Most the spells are not that good, and the unique ones, are too difficult to cast for a mere level2. I'm wondering if the mage is even worth it in this low point game. The way you have him now setup is illegal due to having 2 arcane items. I'd maybe go for the radiant gem of hoeth on a noble instead.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the advice Buckeroo. I think I would be better having a relatively strong magic presence though, since conflict now has cheese rules and its absence may perturb some people.

New army:

Heroes:

Noble:
- Reaver bow
- Great Weapon
- Light armour
- Talisman of Protection

Mage
- Jewel of the Dusk
- Lvl 2

Core:

14 Spearmen