Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity, will an all Skink army be effective? Specifically against which armies?

Feedback is appreciated.

NOTE: All Skink army using the normal Lizardmen armylist.

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
You are gonna need something against most enemies, but you would crush (or rather dart) any ogre army out there! simply; you could make any friend of your change army (or stop playing with you) if he played ogre kingdom!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are gonna need something against most enemies, but you would crush (or rather dart) any ogre army out there! simply; you could make any friend of your change army (or stop playing with you) if he played ogre kingdom!
I'm new to Fantasy, so why would it murder Ogres?

How about Dwarves? Are Skinks effective against Dwarves?

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
I'm new to Fantasy, so why would it murder Ogres?

How about Dwarves? Are Skinks effective against Dwarves?
Because they have poisoned attacks with their nasty javelins! That means a roll of 6 to hit bypasses their T, and we all know ogres don't have a lot of armour on them!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By all skinks do you literally mean nothing but skinks? Or are you thinking support units such as krox and CoR, sallies etc?
At least 50% of non-characters in the army must be skinks. So yes, some Krox and Sallies are welcome.

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
If you have got the money, the time, and the patience, then go for it if you think it would be fun playing with. I would enjoy to play such a themed army :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
An all Skink army is not bad because skinks are very flexiables they can harass the enemy troops, act as a screen, and attack the flanks or the back of any enemy engaged with your own troops and they're expendable (60 points for just a 10 Skinks).
Skinks with Blow Pipes are like deadly machine guns. They shoot twice so thats 20 shots for a squad of 10 skinks and also posions are on a 6 which means that the more you shoot the more likely the opponent's units will fall.
Even against dwarves and ogres a unit of fast moving skinks can out manuver and shoot the opponent down before they can turn fast enough to even have a LOS on the skinks. Trust me I know I play against my friends who have both a dwarf army and ogre armies and the first thing they do and try and hunt down my skinks before I do any real damage to them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts