core:
3 skink cohorts (16 in a unit)
-standard
- musician
- 2 kroxigor in a unit
- 204 points per unit

skink cohorts (10 in a unit)
- 50 points

5 skink skirmisher regiments (11 in a unit)
- blowpipes
- 77 points per unit

special:
2 chameleon skinks (7 in a unit)
- 84 points per unit

2 terradon rider regiments (4 in a unit)
- 120 points per unit

rare:
razordon hunting pack (2 razordons, 6 handlers)
- 150 points

salamander hunting pack (1 salamander, 4 handlers)
- extra handler
- 80 points

that puts me at exactly 2500 points. please tell me what you think. thanks.

camo-skink

·
Registered
691 Posts
because of what you are trying to do here.........

I'd drop one of the terradon rider regiments and replace it with a normal Steggie and a Skink Chief with the Steggie war spear in it. going from 1D6+1 impact hits to 2d6+1 impact hits AND giving your chief 3 (or 4, forget) S6 hits with the spear more then pays for itself. I think you can only have 1 unit of Chameleon Skinks so you need to drop one unit anyway- that should free up the points you need.

I'd replace your skink priestgeneral with Tehenhumium or whatever his name is, as he brings more to the table anyway.

·
4,361 Posts
I would change the rare units. I would go with a unit of 3 razordons and a unit of one salamander. I think they would work better that way.

The suggestion for a chief on the stegadon is a good one also.

Have fun,
SirKently

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like it, looks like it'll be a fun army to play. only things I'd change is as GMJoe stated above, to put a chief on a steg and/or spread out your dispel scrolls so they're not all on one char. I've done that and had my dispel skink killed first and was SOL for the rest of the game.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just made a few changes to the list. added a skink chief on terradon as the general, instead of putting him on a stegadon for two reasons, first i wouldn't have enough points to start with, with what you tole me to get rid of, meaning i would have to get rid of many units. this leads into my next point, because of what i had to drop, and what you were suggesting, i would be weakening my two main tactics of swarming and mobility. though i did rearrange my rare units, so now i have two razordons, three seemed both expensive and slightly overkill, and one salamander. as for the scrolls, i generally hide that priest in a skink skirmisher unit, water, or wood feature, but if needed to, i could always give a scroll to the skink with the cloak of feathers. also i got rid of the second ranked skink unit since it wasn't doing me any favors, nor the war drums.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Skink Chief on Ancient with Stegaon War Spear.

Spread your scrolls out.

Drop one of the ground priests for skink chief with the Horned One and a spear to throw into a larger unit of skink cohorts. Drop the non krox unit of cohorts to beef up the larger one. With 3 lvl 2 casters from the lore of heavens you just aren't going to have a powerful magic phase.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if i switch my priest for two skink chiefs, not only would i be way over points having to drop more units, which as i stated before, i would also be sacrificing my main advantages of mobility, and swarm, but all for a few beefed up characters, and loss of magical defense.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Sorry, i'll more clearly state what I was thinking.

Skink Priest LVL2 EotG Plaque, Scroll
Skink Priest LVL2 Diadem, Scroll
Skink Chief Stegadon War Spear, Stegadon Ancient
Skink Chief Spear, Lt Armor, Shield, Spear, Horned One

Youll have to drop some chameleon skinks and some other skinks. You'll have quite abit of magic defense, 5+2 DD and 2 Scrolls. The Horned One Skink Chief could co in on of the large units of cohorts to make the entire US cause Fear.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i still think the skink chief on horned one i over kill, but i guess it could work with your set up, also i might drop the small unit of skink cohorts (originally used as redirectors of cavalry), to free up some points.

camo-skink

·
Registered
792 Posts
The horned one may not be necessary, I just think he is cool. The Terradon Chief may work as well, though I would use the dagger of sotek for the killing blow in that case. I just realized that you aren't gaining the physcology defnese from the horned one, since with Kroxigors in the units they are immune to fear anyways. The Terradon Chief will probably be better.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I'd personally consider taking Tehenhuham as my army general instead. Might as well have a lord character in your army list and he has the option to be on foot or in an ancient steggie with the EOTG anyway. Plus you get lore of beasts, which might throw off more whatever the enemy can do to you, it gives you more versatillity.

Also, put the skink chief on a regular steggie not an ancient one. Save you a few points.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts