Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I will soon have about 1850 points of Daemonhunters. But I want to take some allies. Since I have Grey Knights, Space Marines are out of the question. So that leaves SoB and Imperial Guard. What do you take as allies? I have very low numbers so Imperial Guard are looking good to me, but I love the idea of SoB and there faith points. Please help!

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
I love SoB's, so to me it's simple. It might be advisable, however, to look at what your GK's are missing and then try fill this gap with the best unit available to you. Let's say you need strong long range, then get IG.

·
durus
2,578 Posts
It depends on what you have for Grey Knights, but both or perfect!:0

Little men with big guns or lovely Ladies with faith and INFERNO PISTOLS.......0:

Grey Knights don't need help with anti-troop, but we need help with anti - tank. As long as you build allies/inducted IG to that end you are well on your way.

Damn, I wish we had Exorciists!!!!!:happy:

·
Registered
19 Posts
U take guard for ten wound lascannons, and possibly a lemen russ, whilst sisters u are usually looking at seraphim, to add some jump troops with admitadly cool guns. Guard add numbers but most of these are just bodies to save your lascannon/ other heavy weapon.

·
127 Posts
I am a fan of the sisters, as opposed to guard, as they just seem to look the part and mesh well with GK. I suppose it has to do with all your included models wearing power armour. Sure Sisters provide a decent ally to a DH army, but a far better combination is to run a lean WH parent list with as many DH allies as you can.

Sisters work best with a decent amount of faith in the army pool to power them along, and to that end a single sister unit will never be able to perform as well in a DH parent list. I regularly run a tooled Canoness (outperforms my GM everytime), 2 Troops, Seraphim with IP, and 2-3 exorcists (outperforms dreads aswell) and ally in as many PAGK and GKT as the point limit allows. I have found them a nice combination.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, though i understood from HMM that he wanted the parent list to be DH, since he has 1850 points of that already, and since i agree that sisters need lots of faith, if you are looking at a quick ~700 points guard might be better.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
+ Guard can be made to look very inquisitorial, as in belonging to the inquisitor and not independent as the sisters of battle are. To me it's nice to have IG troops in the army which are obviously owned by an INQ, but that's my personal taste.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sisters all the way ;-)

I mean, would you want to pass up the best point-for-point troop choice in the game?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, my Daemon Hunters dont have many models, so i tink i will use Imperial Guard because of this, and because i want to convert them to be an Inquisitor's Personal Guard or something like that. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have been reading about a SoB troop called Zealots that is supposed to have appeared in WD 275. Apparently they have the staline of a guardsman but with various imba abilities (the more u hit them the more their LD goes up rather than down, every 5 u can have an eviscerator for them at 15 points etch).

I wanted to ask if they are still legal (since 2002 was before the codex was printed) since it was a chapter approved article. If yes... and u want bodies, considering they cost less than 6 points each and come in groups of 10 to 20 why not use them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.