Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the rules on taking allies in an army, if there are any??? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I couldn't seem to find anything. If anyone does know the answer can you also plz tell me a page number or something, it would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
Yeah as Mike said the WH & DH have rules for both taking allies, and using units from their armies in other imperial armies. Other then that there are some allies rules in the Kroot Mercs list but only certain armies are allowed to use them (Eldar, Orks, Imperial Guard, & WH I think).

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
In case you really want to use allies, then apocalypse might be the way to go (among friends). Check it out (also the new supplement forum here on LO).

Hope it helped in case you didn't mean WH/DH

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
For 40k (rather than Apocalypse):

As mentioned, Daemonhunters, Witch Hunters, and Kroot Mercs all may be allied in various combinations to other forces. The only one I haven't seen mentioned is Deathwatch, which may also be used with Imperial armies. So as far as I know, there are four different forces that may be included as allies in other 'base' armies. Each of them have their own set of rules governing how they may be included, of course. The upshot is that the rules to ally them are found in each of their respective codices, two of which can be downloaded from Games Workshop (Kroot and Deathwatch).

Cheers,

-H

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
What are the rules on taking allies in an army, if there are any??? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I couldn't seem to find anything. If anyone does know the answer can you also plz tell me a page number or something, it would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!
Hi,
Under 3rd Ed Rules on page 131 you could take a “Joint Force” but under 4th Ed Rules this is only addressed on page 78 under the heading of “Multiple Detachment Games.”

You can take a second or third or fourth FOC of a separate army in parallel to any other with an agreement with your opponent.

But the only “Allies” rules under 4th Ed are Codex specific and these are designed to be used within the one FOC not like the afore mentioned multiples.

To sum up –
1. Allies interact with each other to fight on the same side with the restriction imposed by just one Force Organisation chart
2. Detachments do not interact but fight along side each other with separate FOC’s.

Hope that helps a bit, Cheers.

P.S. The only forces that “can’t” legally ally with Kroot Mercanaries are Space Marines, Sisters of Battle, Necron, Tyrannids and Tau.

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Dark Eldar can host a witch cult as an allied force to accomodate Lelith Hesperax.
(If fielded she has to be the leader of a witch cult army)
Problem is that this uses the rules from 3rd Edition, this is when the Codex was actually written and is no longer valid, sorry.

Just check out the page reference in the entry for Lelith of "page 131" to see that it doesnt match the 4th Ed rules set.

Cheers

·
Registered
351 Posts
So, after hearing all of this, you're telling me that I can't use my DH/Eldar combo anymore? I never bothered to look at the book because I narmies (together) aren't apocalypse ready... I have about 1250 in each army...

I totally relied on that! AND IT OWNED!

My eldar are mostly ranged while my GK are mostly CC! Except for the glory of Shining spears...

I'm really screwed.

Possessed
ormally know exactly what I'm doing. But now... ... ... I'm screwed. The

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
So, after hearing all of this, you're telling me that I can't use my DH/Eldar combo anymore?
Heheh, yeah, rules-wise that's not a legal combo... not even a little bit =).

That said, fluffwise I can see the Daemonhunters having dealings with the Eldar, given the amount of arcane (and specifically Daemonic) knowledge the Eldar presumably possess. Amongst friends, I can see a decently valid matchup between some DH units (especially if an Inquisitor is included) and an Eldar force, particularly one that includes a Farseer or Harlequins, and doesn't include an Avatar ;).

Heh, anyways, rules-wise you can't do it, but the only rules you need to play by in a non-tournament setting are those you and your opponent agree to =).

-H

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.