Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible for Necrons to ally with Lost and The Damned? It says something about it in the Witch-Hunters book... is that a missprint or what?

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm not sure if Ally is the word, but, fluffwise, tyranids and necrons could work together.

Think about it- tyranids eat everythings' bodies. However, I doubt that they could eat metal without some serious indigestion. Therefore, they do not bother with necrons.

Necrons are there to kill things so that the C'tan can eat their souls. Animals do not have souls. Tyranids are animals. Therefore, necrons do not bother with tyranids.

In fact, it would be to their collective advantages to work together.If necrons and tyranids both went down to a planet, then both would kill everything. All of the biomass would be eaten by the 'nids, all of the souls would be eaten by the C'tan. Once the battles were done, the necrons would retreat to orbit while the planet was eaten. Then, they go back in and make it a tomb world- no life to accidentally stumble onto and destroy the tombs, and, as they are behind the main tyranid advance, nothing is likely to be able to get there.

Once all life had been extinguished, the tyranids would bugger off, and the necrons would be left with a system full of tomb worlds. Result!

This is working from a fluff/logic point of view- if there are rules for allies, please post.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Problem is fluf has openly suggested tyranids stay well away from necrons, and fluff has also suggested that yes, nids have no sould to eat. Thus the C'Tan don't care to tough them except for the fact that the nids are steppin in on their galaxy. So ofcourse their are many reasons to fight, but really not mnay for them to ally.

·
Registered
953 Posts
The main problem with 'nids and 'crons being friends is they are competing over the same natural resource, namely people. The 'nids want the body and the 'crons want the souls but I doubt they'd ever work out a deal so they have to compete for the whole package and use what they need. There are countless situations throughout history where this has occurred, usually with dire consequences for both sides.
The current rumor is Pariahs are really Cullexus? assassins converted into Necrons. Could you imaging what a great Necron a Hive Tyrant or Carnifex would make? How about a Genestealer-based Flayed-one?
I doubt they could ever be friends.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
But do you really think that the C'tan would want to share the rescources? And how can they be freinds if they can't communicate? Or can they?

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
TX10000 said:
But do you really think that the C'tan would want to share the rescources? And how can they be freinds if they can't communicate? Or can they?
Who are you talking about?

Fluffwise, I highly doubt Necrons and any other army would ally. Ever.

Ruleswise, you can ally with separate armies, but the only army you can actually have as an ally is Harlequins, when facing Chaos.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7 Posts
I meant that fluff wise i dont think that Necrons would want to ally with any other army as well. And who are the Harlequins?

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
TX10000 said:
I meant that fluff wise i dont think that Necrons would want to ally with any other army as well. And who are the Harlequins?
They are Eldar that were taken in by the Laughing God, protecting them from Slaanesh. They don't use spirit stones like Craftworld Eldar, and they don't torture people and use their souls like the Dark Eldar... they are an "elite" sort of army, respected by both. They are unofficial, though, so you need your opponent's permission to use them. Rules can be found on the GW website in a downloadable pdf, or, you can do a search for rules that were revised by normal players.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tunisia said:
I'm not sure if Ally is the word, but, fluffwise, tyranids and necrons could work together.
Nuh-uh. While their goals are similar, they are in fact totally different. Necrons wish to destroy all life, everywhere. The dead worlds have no vegetation on them - nothing. Fluff in the 'Nid codex (the siege against the IG army) suggests that they spread their "primary" (crawly, chitinous toothy death things) and "secondary" (plants, spores, etc) lifeforms. Necrons spread death, Nyds spread life (their own peverse version of it). 'Crons are ancient. 'Nyds thrive because of their hyper-fast metabolisms. The list goes on.

I think, really, they're diometrically opposed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts