Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
As in personal preference or list wise?

Many people if for preference; harlequins for lists.

You may need a bit more than those four words next time you post...8)

·
Registered
163 Posts
O.O. Wow. Um i think he meant like which races ally with them in game. Like for a campagin. Given that this is true....i would say..maybe Tau. None of the imperium. So no Space marine or Gaurd. Not the hoard Armies (Doh). I am not sure but i think Dark eldar is out of the question.:shifty: And Not Chaos....so the only army i could even think of is Tau. Maybe chaos if they were possesed or something.

·
Registered
815 Posts
One thing you must keep in mind is that no one really allies with the eldar, rather the eldar use other races to further their own goals. So to that end, if the farseer says that working with the guard will accomplish something, then it is feasible that eldar and guard will work together. There's incidents in the past of eldar working with the imperium.

Tau, sure just remeber that the eldar are using the tau if you're writing any fluff from the eldar side.

However, there are obviously armies the eldar will not ally with, namely chaos, necrons, tyranids and DE.

Orks are another can of worms, anyone wanna open it?

·
Registered
163 Posts
True never thought of that. Orks. It says in the craftworld eldar codex that they hate the orks and will attack them on sight. They have been known to help out gaurd when orks are attacking.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Kroot, HArlequins, Exodites, Guard, and Tau.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
never dark eldar and exodites don't have any rule

a rundone legally only harlequins however in certain campaigns they do lend their support to tau and the imperium

·
Son of LO
3,475 Posts
I thought dark eldar and eldar might ally once in a while to challenge their old buddies the necrons.

Then i read nightbringer.:(

Why didn't the dark eldar know it was a c'tan, the bane of their race that they were reveiving?

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
The real question is...did they care?

They feel that they are safe in Comorragh, and don't really care much for anyone else.

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
As said before, the Eldar only make 'allies' to further their own goals.
But I do think the Eldar might find Tau as not the biggest of enemies. They are both very advanced and focus their society so that a single goal might be achived. And I think they see the Tau more like a small, lesser race then brutish Mon'keigh :) .

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
there was a rumour floating around that gw was gonna make eldar the tau's bennefactor (they supposedly helped them to reach thatlevel of tech) but itwas never really confirmed although they continue to hint at it

·
LO Zealot
1,449 Posts
Craftworld eldar and dark eldar frequently join forces, but they only do so under harliquin leadership. Both of craftworld and dark eldar has great respect for the Harliquins, and they simply dont dare to fight eachother if the Harlies have told them not to.

In a game, the easiest way to represent that craftworld and dark eldar have joined forces is to split your army up in two FoCs, one for the eldar and one for the dark eldar, and have a harliquin character join each one of them. Alternatively, if you are playing a really huge game, you can split up your army into 3 FoCs, and have one army from each eldar fraction in play. Be aware that many opponents wont allow that though, as it is a great oppotunity for powergaming.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
fraid ya wrong if ya read the harly dex it clearly states that they may not fight for chaos and dark eldar

·
Registered
389 Posts
I really doubt Harlequins would ever lead anyone but Harlequins. I don't think it makes sense that Harlequin leaders would give direction to 2 armies they don't lead. They just work as an allied force commanding there own troupe. Harlequins will fight with ethier army via the codex, but honestly I don't know why Harlequins would have anything to do with Dark Eldar ... They really go down a totally different path other then being born space elves.

I think Eldar lead Eldar and Dark Eldar lead Dark Eldar, under very dire conditions maybe VS chaos they might fight along each other .... MIGHT.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
It looks like Serald is correct here, looks like my DE will be gettin a couple death jesters today...8)

·
LO Zealot
1,449 Posts
designer891, you might want to read the fluff in the harlie dex before you make statements like that.. no offence buddy 8)

A little fluff teaser:

The Harlequins see themselves as the saviours of the Eldar, a uniting force which will one day bring together the fragmented race so that they can regain their position as the most powerful force in the galaxy.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Craftworld Eldar fluffwise could end up doing anything if their seers predict that it will benefit them in the long run. Therefore it would not be unusual to launch a joint strike with any force. You can always come up with fluff for Eldar to join any force in a fight.
For Example:
Eldar hate Chaos, especially Slaanesh. However you can com up with a desperate situation where they will temporarily strike together.

Biel Tan Eldar(who defend Exodites zealously) Have discovered that a massive imperial force has landed on and a tactically and sentimentally valuable Exodite world. The reason why the force is so large is because the Emperor's Children have been known to raid the area. Not having the strength to wipe out the Imperial forces by themselves, they time a simultaneous attack with Emperor's Children through the sight of their seers. After the battle, of course, the Eldar plan on destroying the Emperor's Children force as well. But the game you play does not have to include this part of the battle.

You can come up with similar scenarios for any game you play.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Farseer Sareld said:
designer891, you might want to read the fluff in the harlie dex before you make statements like that.. no offence buddy 8)

A little fluff teaser:

Sorry Sareld, but all my fluff is from the orginal Harlequins codex from 1st addition's compenduim and such. I am not up to date with alot of the newer stuff on them if there is any. this is back in the day when DE didn't exist. That fluff you posted might have been taken from there orginally pre dark eldar.

IMO DE seem so evil no eldar would alley with them, I think they went the wrong direction with DE anyways making them all mad maxified instead of more like just a darker craftworld/raider army (kinda like the dark reapers visually) they just don't sit right for me. I am not big on believing eldar would turn to tourture and stuff. But yeah your right i am not up on the fluff ... mostly cause I don't like the newer fluff. Is this fluff in the unofficial codex on the GW site?

I didn't disagree with them fighting side by side ... I just dont see a harlequin shadow seer or great harliquin leading other armies but I guess I will find some of the fluff your talking about, no offense taken I need to read up on that stuff. I maybe 100% wrong nowadays :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts