Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've been ghosting on the forums for awhile here, and wanted to throw up a list for review. I'm probably going to go up against my friend's Orks in a few weeks, and I'm trying to finish up this list. It's not quite to 1500 points yet, and I could really use some advice. Thanks!

1360 Points so far

Close Order Discipline
Iron Discipline
Storm Trooper Squads

HQ
Command Squad - 1 Jr. Officer ( Iron Discipline, Honorifica ), 3 Guardsmen, Standard Bearer

Elite Unit #1
Storm Troopers - 1 Veteran Sergeant ( Power Weapon ), 9x Stormtroopers ( 2x Plasma )

Elite Unit #2
Storm Troopers - 1 Veteran Sergeant ( Power Weapon ), 9x Stormtroopers ( 2x Melta )

Troop Unit #1
Command Squad - 1 Jr. Officer ( Iron Discipline )+4 Guardsmen (Missile Launcher )
Squad #1 - 1 Sergeant 9 Guardsmen (Autocannon, Plasma Gun)
Squad #2 - 1 Sergeant 9 Guardsmen (Autocannon, Plasma Gun)

Troop Unit #2
Command Squad - 1 Jr. Officer ( ID, Power Weapon )+4Flamers
Squad #1 - 1 Sergeant 9 Guardsmen (Autocannon, Plasma Gun)
Squad #2 - 1 Sergeant 9 Guardsmen (Autocannon, Plasma Gun)

Heavy Unit #1
1x Leman Russ Demolisher ( Hull Lascannon, Plasma Cannon Sponsons,
Extra Armor )

Heavy Unit #2
1x Leman Russ Demolisher ( Hull Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons,
Extra Armor )

Heavy Unit #3
1x Leman Russ Battle Tank ( Hull Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Extra Armor, Heavy Stubber)

I couldn't decide if the Storm Troopers should Infiltrate or Deep Strike, and I was thinking about throwing in an Armored Fist Squad to give me some more mobility with objective taking. The first Demolisher will probably be used with the LRBT to solidify a gun line throwing out Plasma Cannon Templates, while Demo #2 will move aggressively and support the Stormies forward of the line. Thoughts? And where should I spend those extra points?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Overall looks good.. a few things I'd like to point out :)

For the last points get 3 Lascannon teams as Anti-Tank support for your HQ and give them the doctrine Sharpshooters.. they will hopefully take care of any Killa Kans..

On your Inf. Plat. Commands: remove the ML for a Mortar instead.. your command should stand in cover instead of being a target :) the JO in the other command squad doesnt need the PW either.. if he gets in CC he is doomed anyway.. also lose the 4 flamers as they should be in cover and give them a Mortar also..

I dont see any reason to give a Demolisher Plasma Cannons as its main cannon has higher strenght, large template and a just as good AP value.. lose em and save the points ;)

Dunno if you can change it in time, but overall it looks good..

- Loek

·
Registered
126 Posts
I agree about the command line squads, its better and actually (imo anyway) funner to have mortars. Pw are pretty useless, but if you have extra points there fluffy and look cool

For the extra points prehaps make all the lemans demolisher's that'd be cool and/or give the stormies a chariot (chimera) to ride into battle on

Ye that'd actually be pretty cool, although against orks, heavy bolters can be cooler, prehaps make all the lemans heavy bolters for ork play

·
durus
2,578 Posts
To save some points and make your tanks waaaaay more effective against Orks, give your Demolishers and Russ the triple HB set up. In a tournement a couple of weeks ago I took two Demolishers and never shot the main Cannon. Triple Heavy Bolters mow Orks down!;Y

Your Autocannons should do fine against all Ork vehicles. I would give both your Stormy Squad 2 x Plasma. I wouldn't bother with Honorifica on your HQ, save the points for more guns.

A great squad against Orks is a suicide HQ with 4 Flamers. Less than 80 points and it can do a world of damage.

Cheers, DH

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yeah basically if you just go with 3 heavy bolters on your tanks, you'll be paying less and getting more effectiveness out of them against anyone, not just orks.

The four flamer command squad is kind of a hit or miss thing here. I'd rather just take a heavy bolter or something. Same with the power weapon. It's tough to lay wounds down with a Str 3 model. The shootier a guard army is the better, and for a JO a storm bolter could be a good choice here instead, should you choose to go that way.

You may want to pay the points and make your melta stormies deepstrike, just so they get a better chance of hitting some high value targets early. If you don't want to do that, you could change it to a Veteran squad, take more melta and deepstrike them. Either way, meltas are tough to get into action without using deepstrike or infiltrate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Duly noted on the 3x HB combo for the tanks...I'll see if I can find some extra chassis online and just swap around the turrets I already have. Then again, the Plasma Cannons do fit with the high-tech feel this army has with all of the plasma elsewhere...maybe I'll just keep them...

The 3x Lascannon might be viable, I'll see what I can work up. I was also thinking about replacing the PW / 4x flamer squad with a 4x Grenade Launcher and JO with Storm Bolter modeled on an extra LRBT tank commander and bits...too costly for the bang? Losing the Honorifica might leave me with leadership issues, but the extra guns might make it worth it. With Iron Discipline, I can usually get the rolls to keep the boys in the fight. Plus, I always thought Honorifica in every IG army was decidedly un-fluffy; too bad the Macharian Cross isn't very viable, because it's a really cool award IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.