Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there alternate army lists for meh beloved HE? If so please provide me with a link of where to find them so I can try out new armies ^^

Regards,

VD*

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
The only alternate army I know of is the lothern seaguard list from the storm of chaos and I'm not sure if these rules are available on the website. however it was deemed illegal for tourney play a wee while ago.

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
Well pentathus that doesn't really help me... >_<
I can understand his response, though. I wasn't sure what you meant by alternate army lists either until Arklite mentioned the Sea Guard list. I think there was also a War of the Beard army list at some point, but I've never looked at it.

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
As far as I'm aware, there's ONLY the LSG list which is illegal now after GW tossed 95% of the SOC material.
There is also the possibility of the Eltharion list from the General's Compendium- wherein you take Eltharion as a lord and an infinite number of Swordmasters.

The trouble is- all of these lists are illegal now because of the new book. There are no lists for the new material. The LSG army is outdated because LSG and the rules have changed. The GC material is gone too, because it's all been officialized in our new book.

And Katie- i think that the 'war of the beard' idea was a rumor tossed around when we all got information about the increased availability of dragons in the new book.

What I would say is- if you want an 'alternative', just theme your list. The alternate lists are usually unbalanced and hardly ever legal in the long-run. So I would suggest just taking a selection of units from the book and making a legal army out of that. The beauty of that is since we don't have any more 0-1, you can theme an army from ANY province.
I doubt GW will ever release anymore 'alternate' lists. sorry mate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.