Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this; rather than buying a ganger at its set statline for 50 creds, how about buying a juve for the same but roll 3 advances?

This would allow for more realistic gangers with a bit more depth.

·
Registered
18 Posts
when ever i make a new gang i always roll for one new advance for each member except juves, since technically at the begining when you roll exp they should get one even tho the FAQ's and stuff say they shouldn't i think it adds a more unique feel to each gang.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when ever i make a new gang i always roll for one new advance for each member except juves, since technically at the begining when you roll exp they should get one even tho the FAQ's and stuff say they shouldn't i think it adds a more unique feel to each gang.
I hadnt noticed that Culexus, will discuss this with the other players and see if we can house rule it. Thanks!

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Where are you getting the idea that they should all get an upgrade?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Where are you getting the idea that they should all get an upgrade?
Green Juve -> Juve 1 upgrade Juve-> Juve 2 upgrades Juve -> Top Juve 3 upgrades Top Juve -> New Ganger 4 upgrades. Gangers have 3 stats better than new Juves, and no skill advances.

The Emperor Protects

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Green Juve -> Juve 1 upgrade Juve-> Juve 2 upgrades Juve -> Top Juve 3 upgrades Top Juve -> New Ganger 4 upgrades. Gangers have 3 stats better than new Juves, and no skill advances.

The Emperor Protects
Indeed, progression from Juve to Ganger is at 21 exp yet standard ganger bought at 50 creds gets 20+d6 exp so should get an advance roll.

·
Registered
6 Posts
not nessesarily Talisman, i think they took that into account when they made the rules. My look on it is that Juves are, above all, a gamble and the extra advance is to just help make sure that they get decently stats by the time they acheive the status of ganger. From a fluff pov, you could say that they need to prove themselves more than the guy who's been in fights before and is selling himself out to a gang permanently. And from a yet different perspective, I actually tried this on a short campaign with a friend, and the fact my Delaque gang was getting stealth and shooting skills but not many BS advances really hurt and really didnt make up for the lack of a good shooter besides the leader.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.