Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone has probably already thought of doing this, but would it be possible for the Tau players on Librarium to coordinate our attacks etc in the EoT Campaign? In that way our forces would be much more effective, instead of being scattered and unfocused if we just went and did our own thing all the time.

So what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Why not?

The chaos forces have already agreed on this...
We are going to coordinate most if not every battle that we are going to play...

·
Registered
77 Posts
No... it says in WD 282, on the EoT site, in the Games Workshop site, in the Forums of the EoT site and at various places on Librarium that Tau can only fight in their Empire area - although Kroot can fight in the main EoT area.

On the other hand, I've also heard a rumour that seven victories will have more of an effect if they're entered in within the same hour than say, if they are spread out over two or three. No idea if its true or not, but if so... B)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hmmm, tau can only fight in the Tau Empire. So much for coordination.
So lets go win battles for the greater good! :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Since I play with a group regularly, I think I might just register as Disorder, and log all of my wins/losses for the disorder. I'll cater my army fluff around that. Like my sept was all pissed about the Daimocles (sp.) campaign, so they've been stalking the imperium.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hmmm, the local shop where i play have allowed me to become "mecerniries" for my friends guard army, so i can take part in the confilict bewcause everyone wants to affect the eye of terror while no-one wants to attack the tau empire (cause we're not important enough :( )

·
Registered
77 Posts
Since I play with a group regularly, I think I might just register as Disorder, and log all of my wins/losses for the disorder. I'll cater my army fluff around that. Like my sept was all pissed about the Daimocles (sp.) campaign, so they've been stalking the imperium.
Well... nice though it might be, unfortunately it doesn't work that easily <_< Oh, and Damocles, incidentally.

On the other hand, you *can* fight as 'allied' to a Disorder force in the club, and then if you win you can register it as a Tau victory, and they can register it as Disorder victory - this was suggested somewhere. The flipside though is that if you lose, you have to register both losses. Its only fair.

As for Mercenaries... B)

Isn't it just *so* convenient that the fluff for O'Forann has his force as a mercenary one, based out of the Damocles Gulf?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Actually from intelligence I've picked up The Tau are gonna be mauled. It appears as if a large force of Orks and half the Tryanid players are going to attck the Tau empire, along with a handful of Necrons. not to mention any forces of order that feel like they want to bring the Tau down.

The Tau Empire should be interesting after the EoT.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, but don't forget, they've actually got to win the games to damage the empire.

It tyranids beat orks, then that has no effect upon our empire.

And necrons die so easily to massed plasma rifle fire. Shoot the entire squad and it doesn't get up, :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can Necrons get back up after being hit by a weapon that negates their armour save? I always get it confused with wepons that are double their toughness... :unsure:

·
Registered
340 Posts
I dont even see how tyranids and orks can pose a threat to the tau empire in any way. Have you looked at the tau? They are specialized killers of those two races.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Actually from intelligence I've picked up The Tau are gonna be mauled. It appears as if a large force of Orks and half the Tryanid players are going to attck the Tau empire, along with a handful of Necrons. not to mention any forces of order that feel like they want to bring the Tau down.
I dont even see how tyranids and orks can pose a threat to the tau empire in any way. Have you looked at the tau? They are specialized killers of those two races.
Exactly, Onion :)

I'm quite happy for them to send a whole Hive Fleet at me if they want. Recently I've lost one battle in the last 20 against Tyranids, and if they really want to expand the Tau Empire *for* me... I have no problem with that B)

Necrons? Four words: Railgun. Fusion. Plasma. Ion.

"Step right up! Lay right down!"

Orks are *no* problem thankyou.

Except for one thing...

How in [email protected] does one defeat a Speed Freek army with Forcefields covering their transports, with Tau? :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shouldn't it be easier? Forcefields slow them down, and you're still automatically getting a penetrating hit with a railgun on a trukk, so what's the problem. Apart from that, I thought up a plan involving Deep-Striking battlesuits after reading that Tactica a couple of WD issues ago... :p

·
Registered
340 Posts
Deepstriking stealthsuits would wreck orks.

You'd get 9 shots, and then the chance for a marker light that would destroy the rest of the squad in the same turn.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If I can deepstrike, that makes things a bit better, yes... but he has everything tooled up so that (from memory), his entire army races thirteen inches across the table (red paint job), then thrusts, then disembarks and charges so typically he has me in close combat in the first or at worst second turn he gets.

Add this to the fact that he keeps his trukks together so that one Forcefield extends its Hull-down effect to three trukks (so even with broadsides, I can only glance), and that even if I *do* manage to hurt it, they all have extra armour plates (damage saved on a 6), and if I ímmobilise it, the grot riggers give a 1 in 2 chance of being mobile again at the beginning of his next turn... and I typically die horribly <_<

A eight-Ork Mega-armoured Warboss & Retinue doesn't help.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Originally posted by FiendishTau@Jun 14 2003, 15:12
Can Necrons get back up after being hit by a weapon that negates their armour save? I always get it confused with wepons that are double their toughness... :unsure:
Yes they can unless its double their toughness but the idea here is that if you have a team of crisis suits lay into a unit of necrons with plasma fire and everything else you got and wipe that unit out if they dont have anyone else with 6" of the same unit type then they go bye bye.

Hope that helps.
Focus, fire, wipe out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.