Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grey Knights probibly have been done to death.

I started to collect just a few months back, and i really haded the colour scheme, it seemed.... far to bright. the boltgun metal and Mithril silver was far to bright and honestly looked amateur. so i have come up with an easy, effective and more appealing was of painting the army.

Step one: Base coat Chaos Black

Step two: Full coat tank brushing of Tin Bits, try to leave some recesses black but not two much.

Step three: Tank Brush again but this time dry brush Boltgun Metal ovet the Tin Bits.

When it dries the armour will look very old and well used.

Step four: Detail work. Now what i did may not be to everyones fancy but all the scriptures and other Incuisitional detail I painted over it with Mechrite Red the foundation red. Then paint over that with a light coat of Shinning Gold. And finally a watered down Chestnut Ink I find a 3:1 water ot ink ratio works best.

Step five: Basing easiest to do at beginng or just use pva after. Use Gravel it lookes the best. If done before spraying drybrush Codex Grey, Followed By Fortress Grey and then White. this gives a great barren frozen wasteland look. If you do it after painting just paint the gravel black and follow the colour scheme above.

I have done a whole teminator squad like this and it looks insane, when its done the full army will look really really great. so give it a try and let me know what you think, im also applying the colour scheme to a BaneBlade when I get my hands on it.

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
I paint my iron warriors similairy (is that a real word?) to this.
Base coat of tin bits, layer of bolt gun metal, heavy ink wash (mix of flesh wash and black ink) then another coat of bolt gun followed by another ink wash.

As you can see the coats of ink weather the metal areas making them look older and a little grimmier. Id try using a coat of ink on your GKs, maybe just a light wash of black, they may look like there dirty if you use flesh in the mix too.

Dan

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gk army

Thanks for the quick reply i will give the ink wash a try but the boltgun so far looks really aged as for pics my models are well no longer in my possesion....... my mates nicked them for a tournament ang i wont have them back for a while sry guys.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Yeah that sounds interesting but I would like to see a picture of your Grey Knights!

@danjones87: Very nice looking IW Lord you have there sir! ;Y

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.