Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had much fun with this? I'm reading it at the moment and it seems quite fun. Cataphracti terminator captain with the gorgons chain? 3+Invulnerable with re-rolls on 1's. That's quite horrific. It also gives slow and purposeful so, if so inclined, you could dump him in a devastator squad for move and shoot/drop pod shenanigans.

What about the Relics and formations? Any nasty things people have come accross?

·
991 Posts
It's very sad to me to see such little activity on this forum. Of course, I'm as guilty as any. I have been away for maybe 2-3 years, but I can remember back in 2006-2010 it was robust and rocking all day!!

Back to your question, I love the book and I really like the Cataphracti Terminators, but I don't own any and I haven't tried it. They look really good!

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah....... it's getting quite dusty around here :(

Cataphracti Terminators are quite nice. I take 2 chainfists, 3 Lightning claws and a Heavy Flamer. They deal with pretty much anything going. I chuck a Terminator captain in there as well with the Gorgons chain (with chainfist) and they're pretty brutal. The 4++ makes them almost as durable as TH&SS terminators but the Chainfists really help against things like Knights and the Lightning claws mean they don't get bogged down against infantry as badly. I'm still not decided upon the Contemptor though - It's an awful lot of points.

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
The contemptor is really good to me. My only issue is using the angels of death supplement, you can't get a HEAVY FLAMER ON THE COMBAT ARM!!!! This is a big issue for me as the heavy flamer stops the dred being bogged down in combat.

Also I will start posting again from now :)

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
It can take more punishment than the normal dreds, better combat and shooting stats. The 6 shot assault cannon is golden and the rule of cool is pretty damn obvious with this model.
When I use the contemptor, I tend to use it in a walker heavy list (tip of the spear), they can also protect other heavy shooty units well.
Stand this guy next to a knight crusader and he will charge and kill whatever they send for the knight to stop it shooting.
All in all a good model with good rules.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol, I've not used a Knight in conjunction with Dreads before but I can see how that'd work. I usually use them in my Guard forces to add a 'tip of the spear' to Chimera advances and to take some heat of the Leman Russ squadrons.

With Marines, hmm. Not done that before. But you got me thinking :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts