Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, this one is for a 3-way game against Orks and Nids on Saturday. I tried to maximize my shooting, but I may have given too much in the combat department. Let
me know what you think

Farseer- Runes of Witnessing, Runes of Warding, Eldritch Storm
6 Warlocks- 1 Embolden, 1 Enhance, 4 Destructor

5 Wraithguard- Warlock with Enhance

15 Guardians- Scatter Laser
15 Guardians- Scatter Laser
15 Guardians- Shuricannon
8 Dire Avengers- Exarch with Dual Shuricats and Bladestorm

5 Swooping Hawks- Exarch with Sky Leap and Sunrifle
7 Warp Spiders- Exarch with Dual Spinners
2 Vypers- 2 Scatter Lasers and 2 Shuricannons

Fire Prism- Holofield, Spirit Stones
Fire Prism- Holofield, Spirit Stones
Falcon- Holofield, Spirit Stones, Scatter Laser

Total: 2001 points
Thoughts, Comments, Criticism, Cookies?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I tend to put more faith in Dire Avengers that guardians. several bladestorming squads of DAs would be very effective and orks and smaller bugs. Eldritch storm might not be the best choice of power due to mob size rule for orks and synapse for bugs. I'd also drop the swooping hawks, warp spiders are a far superior choice. I'm guessing that the warlocks are gonna go after large bugs. Other than that you might have some trouble taking them down. Some harlies or pathfinders would help. Wraithguard would be effective against them if you shoot them at a carnifex thats out of synapse range.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tend to put more faith in Dire Avengers that guardians. several bladestorming squads of DAs would be very effective and orks and smaller bugs. Eldritch storm might not be the best choice of power due to mob size rule for orks and synapse for bugs. I'd also drop the swooping hawks, warp spiders are a far superior choice. I'm guessing that the warlocks are gonna go after large bugs. Other than that you might have some trouble taking them down. Some harlies or pathfinders would help. Wraithguard would be effective against them if you shoot them at a carnifex thats out of synapse range.
I agree with you on Dire Avengers, but at the moment, thats all the Dire Avengers that I have. I didn't take Eldritch Storm because of the Pinning factor, but more because there lots of units with low armor saves and I can cover a bit with the large blast template. I would take more Warp Spiders if I could, but again I have a limited amount of models. I agree that I might have trouble taking down the big bugs, I have 5 Fire Dragons that I could add as well as 5 Pathfinders, I could get the points by dropping the Guardians down to the minimum 10. Any other suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.