Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i make a Leman Russ into a Conqerour, Vanqiusher, destroyer, or Hunter?
Would i just go to my local hobby store and look in the parts book?

·
durus
2,578 Posts
How do i make a Leman Russ into a Conqerour, Vanqiusher, destroyer, or Hunter?
Would i just go to my local hobby store and look in the parts book?
I made a Vanquisher out of a regular Russ and a pen. Cut the barrel off at the flash supressor and insert same diameter of (you pick) tubing and viola!

To do conversions you need to be agressive with your modelling and be a bit risky, try stuff out. It is a lot cheaper than ordering Forge World!;o

·
Registered
223 Posts
To make my vanquisher, I took the extra regular cannon I had from my demolisher and cut off the spitfire of one cannon and sticked them together.

My buddy also took a /13 inche p.v.c tube to replace the inner barrel. Came out quite nice.

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Conqueror:
Simply make the regular battle cannon shorter.
For the co-axial gun, just cut the pintle storm bolter down to size until it fits nicely on top of the turret side compartment.

Destroyer tank hunter (destroyer and hunter are the same vehicle)
Assemble the Russ chasis without the turret or sponsons.
Cover up the hole where the turret would normally go into; whatever works best for you. For mine, I used part of a cut-up paint pot cap to cover it, then inserted the regular IG hatch into the cap's hole. Others use the base of the Russ turret, put a hatch into the hole, then cover up any gaps with green stuff. Etc.
For the cannon, any cylindrical object that will fit should do, such as pipe or an Earthshaker. Just attach it to the space where the hull lascannon or heavy bolter would go. If you want to make the model more detailed, create some of the coils and such at the base of the gun.
Edit:
Alternatively, you could create a hybrid out of a Russ and some WWII tank hunter models.

·
Mad Modeling Master
669 Posts
For the conqueror or an awesome looking demolisher use the Hellhammer turret bit. Just assemble the turret as normal and then trim it back until the hellhamer bit can fit snuggle against the back of the mount. I suggest pinning it on but just plain glue will work also and TAH DAH, instant Conqueror, demolisher, or (chessy alert!) a short barreled Vanquisher, lol.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts