Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Eldar Community,

I am a brand new Eldar player. I have played the extremely slow Daemonhunters but I think I will make a new army until the new DH Codex comes out. I bought the battle pack or whatever its called. So I am starting on that painting since I know that is what I want.

Below is a list of what I believe will be a good all around army, Shooting, Assaulting and Moving with a medium amount of Mech. Please let me know if this list is viable or even worth it. If so, I will be purchasing the rest of what I need.

Eldar 1000 pt. All around.

HQ:
1x Farseer, +Doom +RoWitnessing (90 )

Troop:
7x Dire Avengers, (128 )
1x DA Exarch, +2 ASC +Bladestorm (Farseer will be with these guys)

14x Guardians, +Scatter Laser (127)

Elite:
5x Harlequin Troupe, (176)
1x Shadowseer,
1x Troupe Master

7x Fire Dragons, (258 )
1x FD Exarch, +Tank Hunter +Crack Shot
1x Wave Serpent, +Scatter Laser +Star Engines

Heavy:
1x War Walker, +Bright Lance +Bright Lance (90 )

1x War Walker, +Missile Launcher +Scatter Laser (65)

Any Criticism is welcome :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
First off welcome to Eldar

One thought that I have looking at that is that with the only transport that you have there being the dragons one it will probably be taking a lot of fire depending on if the war walkers will be starting on board or if you will be aiming to outflank them

As well as that fire dragons once speeding across the board and popping the biggest tank or whatever over there, don't tend to survive all that long afterwards so you may want to think about downgrading the exarch to a standard dragon, even without any upgrades 8 fire dragons are going to rip a tank to shreds once they are in close enough

Not too sure though on what you would be best putting the extra points into though

hope this helps

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hello Eldar Community,

I am a brand new Eldar player. I have played the extremely slow Daemonhunters but I think I will make a new army until the new DH Codex comes out. I bought the battle pack or whatever its called. So I am starting on that painting since I know that is what I want.

Below is a list of what I believe will be a good all around army, Shooting, Assaulting and Moving with a medium amount of Mech. Please let me know if this list is viable or even worth it. If so, I will be purchasing the rest of what I need.

Eldar 1000 pt. All around.

HQ:
1x Farseer, +Doom +RoWitnessing (90 )

Troop:
7x Dire Avengers, (128 )
1x DA Exarch, +2 ASC +Bladestorm (Farseer will be with these guys)

14x Guardians, +Scatter Laser (127)

Elite:
5x Harlequin Troupe, (176)
1x Shadowseer,
1x Troupe Master

7x Fire Dragons, (258 )
1x FD Exarch, +Tank Hunter +Crack Shot
1x Wave Serpent, +Scatter Laser +Star Engines

Heavy:
1x War Walker, +Bright Lance +Bright Lance (90 )

Any Criticism is welcome :)
yes welcome to eldar!

HQ: doomseers are win if you are using harliquins probably a good idea to pick up stones and fortune so those guys have a hope in hell

elites: harliquins are a tough unit to use so i wouldn't recomend them if you are starting out but because they look so damn cool probably a good idea to check out their tacticas across the web
definitely downgrade that exarch in the fire dragons and change the scatter laser to a twin linked missile launcher

troops: dire avengers only have 18" guns so they will be minced alot of the time, they do work best with transports but they would definitely need the harliquin's support (with farseer supporting them)

guardians are fine, could probably knock down a couple of models for more points

heavy support:
minor disaster here, i'm personally not a fan of warwalkers but from my knowledge you don't equip 2 styles of weapon (scatter laser+ELM walkers) onto a single walker because when you fire one, the other doesn't get any real benefit, in addition to this downgrade the bright lance one to having standard EML because your suicide dragons will deal with landraiders and monoliths most of the time

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very good Suggestions, Here are some of my comments to those.

elites: harliquins are a tough unit to use so i wouldn't recomend them if you are starting out but because they look so damn cool probably a good idea to check out their tacticas across the web
I absolutely love assault and am very used to it playing the Daemonhunter army first. These Harlequins are faster and hit more/harder than my old Gray Knights. Yeah, their Toughness isn't the greatest, but I will be using these Harlequins as a clean up crew after my guardians and/or Dire Avengers and/or War Walker take out a lot of the squad.

minor disaster here, i'm personally not a fan of warwalkers but from my knowledge you don't equip 2 styles of weapon (scatter laser+ELM walkers) onto a single walker because when you fire one, the other doesn't get any real benefit, in addition to this downgrade the bright lance one to having standard EML because your suicide dragons will deal with landraiders and monoliths most of the time
I actually really love the fact that you can have two different types of weapons on a war walker. Even if you have two of the same weapons, it gives no benefit (Such as Twin Linked), so I figure, what could hurt with having one or two on the table with more than one role. I feel that I would need a backup to any tank on the table. Worse case scenario (Rolls would have to be TERRIBLE towards me) my wave serpent blows up and my fire dragons are taken out before they even get to the piece I'm attacking. So I figure, if I can have at least one more weapon dedicated to armor, I should be more on the safe side.

One thought that I have looking at that is that with the only transport that you have there being the dragons one it will probably be taking a lot of fire depending on if the war walkers will be starting on board or if you will be aiming to outflank them
You make a good point here. I adjusted the list to include another transport for my Dire Avengers so they wont "Get Minced" along the way.

So, I took both of your suggestions and tweaked the list. Here it is now:

HQ:
1x Farseer. +Doom +Fortune +RoWit +Spirit Stones +Eldar Jetbike [170] (to be able to keep up with the harlequins)

Troops:
6x Dire Avengers
1x DA Exarch, +2x ASC, +Bladestorm (For use before a last minute assault)
1x Wave Serpent, +TL ML +Star Engines

10x Guardians
1x Weapon Platform, +Scatter Laser

Elite:
5x Harlequin Troupe
1x Shadowseer
1x Troupe Master

6x Fire Dragons
1x Wave Serpent

Heavy Support:
1x War Walker, +Bright Lance +Scatter Laser

Total: 998

Yes, I agree that I could possibly get rid of the War Walker, but that is 77 points at which I don't know what to do with. I also think I need a second tank destroyer as a Just In Case.

Comments?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Very good Suggestions, Here are some of my comments to those.

I absolutely love assault and am very used to it playing the Daemonhunter army first. These Harlequins are faster and hit more/harder than my old Gray Knights. Yeah, their Toughness isn't the greatest, but I will be using these Harlequins as a clean up crew after my guardians and/or Dire Avengers and/or War Walker take out a lot of the squad.
harliquins will need fortune if they are moving forward and possibly a unit to hide behind or cover simply because they have a 5+ invulerable save so even though they can save the shots it's actually a pretty aweful save (even with rerolls for failed ones)
I actually really love the fact that you can have two different types of weapons on a war walker. Even if you have two of the same weapons, it gives no benefit (Such as Twin Linked), so I figure, what could hurt with having one or two on the table with more than one role. I feel that I would need a backup to any tank on the table. Worse case scenario (Rolls would have to be TERRIBLE towards me) my wave serpent blows up and my fire dragons are taken out before they even get to the piece I'm attacking. So I figure, if I can have at least one more weapon dedicated to armor, I should be more on the safe side.
actually in the warwalker points section it says nothing of them taking 2 weapons to become twin linked. if you have 2 EMLs on a warwalker you get 2 shots which is unlike the wraithlord that specifically states 2 of same weapon = twin linked.
So, I took both of your suggestions and tweaked the list. Here it is now:

HQ:
1x Farseer. +Doom +Fortune +RoWit +Spirit Stones +Eldar Jetbike [170] (to be able to keep up with the harlequins)

Troops:
6x Dire Avengers
1x DA Exarch, +2x ASC, +Bladestorm (For use before a last minute assault)
1x Wave Serpent, +TL ML +Star Engines

10x Guardians
1x Weapon Platform, +Scatter Laser

Elite:
5x Harlequin Troupe
1x Shadowseer
1x Troupe Master

6x Fire Dragons
1x Wave Serpent

Heavy Support:
1x War Walker, +Bright Lance +Scatter Laser

Total: 998

Yes, I agree that I could possibly get rid of the War Walker, but that is 77 points at which I don't know what to do with. I also think I need a second tank destroyer as a Just In Case.

Comments?
harliquins are foot troopers so a farseer on foot would be able to keep up with them (unless you enter difficult terrain)

i would definitely drop the war walker in favour of bumping up the model count for your harliquins or the DA squad, also i'm assuming the Fire dragon wave serpent is armed the same as the DA one, and you could probably drop the star engines on the DA one as it's in nowhere near the same level of threat as the dragon one and neither does it need to travel to the opposite end of the board as quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts