Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this time about tau, since i play a shooty army how would i go about taking out their troops that can jump back in forth such as crisis suits?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Against Tau use lascanons against there tanks ,melta weapons against broadsides and other battlesuits ,flamers and heavy bolters against fire warriors and kroot.

!IMPORTANT! take out broadsides as fast as possible because they will be murder on your tanks and troops.

Try to get the first turn or deploy all your units behind cover or they will die in the first Tau shooting thase.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also take more than 30 space marines, less tan 10 man tactical squads will die or run.

Use cover to your advantage hide in cover and shoot at them ,or use cover to limit there fireing capabilities.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
IronFather0 said:
this time about tau, since i play a shooty army how would i go about taking out their troops that can jump back in forth such as crisis suits?
Well to deal with JSJ, I find your best bet is a combination of long range firepower and mobile firepower. A fewlascannons are a good idea, although they arent that great at dealing with the skimmer tanks that the Tau have. Generally I find missile launchers work quite well all around, especially since they autokill crisis suits with no armor save allowed. Now chances are he wont give you a clear shot on his crisis suits, thats what the JSJ is all about. So, to counter this some fast moving elements such as bikes or speeders will aid in their downfall. As always LST's work wonders here. With bike squads, the melta guns you can equip them with can do the job quite well. Most importantly, remember that Tau are terrible in close combat. Having a bike squad assault a crisis suit squad will inevitable end up one dead crisis suit squad.

Drop podding tactical squads with melta guns also work incredibly well as you can drop them right next to the suit and then pop it. Even if you miss with the melta, all the bolter shots WILL bring it down.

Teleporting termies with assault cannons also work well on JSJ'ing crisis suits. Unfortunately they arent that great against the rest of the tau army.

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
Don't field a lot of vehicles, Tau usually have means to take them down easily but they struggle against a lot of marine bodies. Assault squads are brilliant for catching battle suits. :yes:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks. I don't have any bikes or land speeders and won't be getting them anytime soon. Should i try and move some units in a positon that crisis suits won't escape fire power?

·
Registered
214 Posts
IronFather0 said:
thanks. I don't have any bikes or land speeders and won't be getting them anytime soon. Should i try and move some units in a positon that crisis suits won't escape fire power?
You could try, but that would be extremely difficult. Those things can jump anywhere!
As earlier stated field alot of marines and assault squads, especially if you dont have bikes or speeders.

HPA

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I have an easy time against space marines. The only things that give me grief are librarians with fury, 4 man termie commands with 2 assault cannons, LST's, whirlwinds, and drop pods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.