Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is lemme know any improvements or anything you would change.

HQ-335 pts

Sorcerer Lord Fenix

Inferno Bolts, Power Weapon,
Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change,
Bolt Pistol, Daemonic Essence,
Daemon Armor, Daemon Venom
Mark of Tzeentch

Greater Daemon of Tzeentch

Bolt of Change, Warp Focus

Elites-345 pts

Chaos Rhino

5 Thousand Sons Terminators

Power Weapons, Combi-Bolters
Marks of Tzeentch

Terminator Champion Lordaeron

Power Fist, Inferno Bolts
Mark of Tzeentch

Troops-455 pts

8 Thousand Sons Chaos Space Marines

Marks of Tzeentch

Aspiring Champion Azeroth

Bolt Pistol, CCW, Inferno Bolts
Frag Grenades Mark of Tzeentch

8 Thousand Sons Chaos Space Marines

Marks of Tzeentch

Aspiring Champion Imrahil

Bolt Pistol, CCW, Inferno Bolts
Krak Grenades

Heavy Support-365

Dreadnought

Multi-Melta

Land Raider

Total:1500

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
You can't use the Lord like that, if you take Daemonic Venom you can't use any other weapons (as said very clearly in the wargear description). You would do good to drop some upgrades from him anyway, spend your points on troops.

I wouldn't use a land raider in 1500 pts. It's way too expensive, you should get more troops instead because your army is extremely small.

Consider giving one of the Champions Daemonic Chains to help with Possession. Drop the grenades on the Sorcerors, it's unlikely they'll ever get to use them.

Rhinos should at all times be given extra armour and smoke. A rhino is also not an independant choice, but a squad upgrade, so don't put it down as a separate elites choice.

Greater Daemons can be given Psychic Powers, but not other equipment, so you can't use Warp Focus on him.

I'm not a fan of multi-meltas on dreads, because of their short range and non-linked firing. Consider an other weapon like twin lascannons.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, i'm glad i posted this before i ever used it. of course the person i was playing probably would have pointed it out... but i do like the multi-meltas ability to automatically wound anything without an invulnerable Armor save if they get hit, plus they are 10 points cheaper than lascannons and i get the same use out of them.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Is it worth having terminators in a ts army?
sure they got 2+/5+ bu lascannons can kill them easily.
you thik they're worth their points?

Dont they risk getting lost in the warp when teleporting them? (man that would suck)...

Im just curious... are they worth having?

I like the way they look, but what i lack in the ts army is mobility.... im actually considering takin possessed with wings just to get at least 1 fast squad.. but then they become as expensive as terminators.... bah...

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well if ya are using deep strike then yeah i think they can get lost... but otherwise i think they are plus a b/c they automatically have power weapons (great assault weapon) and combi-bolters.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why not used possessed termies? I have no clue if they exist or can be upgraded as i have yet to memorize my codex. :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hehe Id love to , but for some strange reason termies arent allowed to have any speed-upgrades what so ever.
Cant have a lord with termie armour and wings for example....
I WANT SCREAMERS!!!! but theyre just to expensive in real life.... bah :p

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just buy one squad of screamers and don't go over 5 in a squad, or possibly try ebay...

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oooo, just thought of something. Thousand sons possessed termies with daemonic essence. I dont know if this can be done either.

Ahhh, i spammed! I really did mean to hit the edit button.

·
Registered
167 Posts
sorry to dissapoint you but possessed cant have termie armour....
... but chosen can :) ... and chosen can be upgraded to aspiring champions so you could potentially have a squad of termies with essence, resilence, strength ,mutation , spells + an odd deamon weapon :)
would cost you waaaaaaaay too much though.... :)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
You know each item in the armoury has 2 pts values aye? Well, Essence has a pts value for independant characters, but a - for aspiring champs, meaning they can't buy it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
But still the termies are strong anyways... it would just make them wayyyyyy more annoying.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.