Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the list I used last time to get second place but it needs vast improvement! Please feel free to butcher this list with criticism in the attempts to make it strong by Friday. I wish I had my list and units that I left back home in CT = ( I made my friend buy some more units but it still isn't enough I don't think... Well here is the list...

1x Prince -Star Dragon, Bow of Seafarer, Helm of fortune, dragon armour, great weapon
(Surprisingly enough this worked really well! I know its a massive gamble but we usually play a scenerio like treasure hunt or "kill the enemy general" and with this general pretty secure, due to good maneuvering He does well and can kill every general he has encountered so far!) However I know its not a good idea and I would never do this with my list, give me some feedback please...)
1x Korhil
1x Lion Chariot
(Korhil in it, my friend said I have to use the kitty cart cause he likes it = ( It did quite well in the last tourney actually, I made a nice block of (20) chaos warriors scramble and then overpursued! Still I am not sure I want to take it but I doubt my friend would let me leave it off the table = (
4x Great Eagles
20x Spears FC
20x Spears Standard, Musician
1x Caradryan (in the spears without the champion)

Caradryan is argueably one of the worst HE characters IMHO, but it did work when I challenged an enemy general and when he died he got 5 wounds! ha ha!
5x White Lions
Way to small I know...
2x Tirnoc Chariots
This is something I did add myself I think it is necessary since he makes me take the kitty cart I might as well have more chariots to increase surviverability right?
5x Shadow Warriors

What a list huh? Pretty bad, I had to use all my cunning and strategy to place second in the tourney last time! Please make a lot of suggestions. I appreciate it!

Regards,

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well it's kinda hard to critique if we don't know what we have to work with... I know you said you have limited models, but it's a waste of brainstorming to think up an appropriate list and then find out you can't use it because you don't have the models. Are the above mentioned pieces all you have to work with? Aside from minor tweaking, that's about as good as that list is getting if you don't have other stuff.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
This is the list I used last time to get second place but it needs vast improvement! Please feel free to butcher this list with criticism in the attempts to make it strong by Friday. I wish I had my list and units that I left back home in CT = ( I made my friend buy some more units but it still isn't enough I don't think... Well here is the list...

1x Prince -Star Dragon, Bow of Seafarer, Helm of fortune, dragon armour, great weapon
(Surprisingly enough this worked really well! I know its a massive gamble but we usually play a scenerio like treasure hunt or "kill the enemy general" and with this general pretty secure, due to good maneuvering He does well and can kill every general he has encountered so far!) However I know its not a good idea and I would never do this with my list, give me some feedback please...)
1x Korhil
1x Lion Chariot
(Korhil in it, my friend said I have to use the kitty cart cause he likes it = ( It did quite well in the last tourney actually, I made a nice block of (20) chaos warriors scramble and then overpursued! Still I am not sure I want to take it but I doubt my friend would let me leave it off the table = (
4x Great Eagles
20x Spears FC
20x Spears Standard, Musician
1x Caradryan (in the spears without the champion)

Caradryan is argueably one of the worst HE characters IMHO, but it did work when I challenged an enemy general and when he died he got 5 wounds! ha ha!
5x White Lions
Way to small I know...
2x Tirnoc Chariots
This is something I did add myself I think it is necessary since he makes me take the kitty cart I might as well have more chariots to increase surviverability right?
5x Shadow Warriors

What a list huh? Pretty bad, I had to use all my cunning and strategy to place second in the tourney last time! Please make a lot of suggestions. I appreciate it!

Regards,

How many points are you at now? Are these the only models (too lazy to look up and compare to the old post) I would get the sword of might on your Prince. It's only a couple of points more but magical (good vs. demons/treespirits) and you can carry a shield. I think Temkador's gauntlets would also be worth using here, since you're going to be rerolling a 6 if shot at by handguns. With Tem's Gauntlets and a shield, you have a 3+ and then a 5+ward vs the bigger stuff. Your dragon is on his own. I think I would just get some regular nobles over the using the "named" characters. Do you not have any mages or magic opponents? Do you have antything else to take besides eagles? 1-2 is nice, 4 eagles is a waste imo.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He does have 10 White Lions, and he won't let me not use Korhil in the chariot because he thinks it is the best thing ever, just cause I got lucky and it did well on the last tourney... He also has 3 other mages (but I don't think going magic is such a good idea... well its risky...) and he also has 10 phoeinx gaurd with command and 8 silver helms that are very nicely painted...

Regards,

VD*

P.S Thanks for your help, keep the advice coming ^^ I play again tommorow with this list or a similar one that you post if I believe it to be superior.

P.P.S I forgot to say, this list above also includes 5 white lions (which I used as flankers...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.