Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find a good way to put in another trasnport into my current 1850 list. Along with more bodies. I am trying to revamp the list and use different units and attempting to get more bodies at the same time. So here is my current list then i will explain what it is I need exactly.

Farseer1
Jetbike + Spear + Doom

Farseer2
Doom + Fortune + Stones (With Avengers)

Banshees 10
Exarch + Executioner
Transport: Wave Serpent + Stones + Vectored + Brightlances

Harlequins
6 + 5 kisses + Troupe Master with Power weapon. (Counter assault in the falcon)

Dire Avengers 10
Exarch + Bladestorm + Duel Capapults

Dire Avengers 10
Exarch + Bladestorm + Duel Capapults

Warp Spiders 10
Exarch + Duel Spinners + Withdraw + Powerblades

Falcon1
Starcannon + Cannon under-mount + Stones + Holo

Falcon
Scatterlaser + Cannon under-mount + Stones + Holo

Fire Prism
Stones + Holo

Now the problem is that around my shop there are a lot of MEQ's, and even when I don't go against an MEQ with doom my banshees are stil the biggest threat on the table. People are starting to get wise about telling which vehciles are which (People at my shop know litle about eldar I am the only big player) And so they down my banshees early knowing it can't take holo fields.

My other problem is I don't have enough bodies on the field to be able to get a large margin of victory. I normally win, but by no more than a solid victory. Not very common that I get crushing or even slaughter anymores.

So what I need help with is deciding how to change the list to get another transport in there and more bodies in the troop choise. I was thinking a thing of pathfinders and dropping the harlequins for them, (My harlequins RARELY do anything) And then dropping the fireprism for another transport for the dire avengers. Since I don't have to declare which depolyment step I am in or even what is in the transports, I can put down the banshees and the other transport back to back if I give it to a dire avenger. Or I can drop the harlequins and the spiders and get more bodies and another transport for the elite slot and trip them up with like 10 dragons or wraithguard or something. Maybe even storm guardians. I would have to buy those though, BLEH.

Also, lately, it seems as though my spiders are doing less and less as well. Maybe I am just not using them as effectivly as of late. But I was thinking of dropping them for spears as my new counter assault if I drop the harlequins. The problem is though that I would again, lose a body count and thus still not be able to massly overrun my opponets as easily. Gah understand the problems going though the head of the stormwind?

So I just need a few opinions about how I can meet the requirements I need, and still be at 1850. I mean of course I can boost it up for other games but I want a solid list at this total. it is a good total. Opinions?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi there Storm. Ok firstly I'll state that you and I play EXTREMELY different builds but I'll give what advice I can.

The fire prism is wasted without a mate. My rule is, if you cant bring two dont bring any. If you like the banshees keep me, they are great... You stated that your opponents always figure out where they are and take them out.... Well...take TWO units of them.

Harlequins...they are scary as hell....Most opponents wet themselves when they know that there are harleys about. My suggestion on them would be take them out of the falcon. IF and WHEN I take hand to hand units in a transport its because I dont want them shot at. The way I use harleys, I WANT them shot at. Use 6-7 harleys and a shadowseer. Walk them up the middle. They will draw an amazing amount of firepower. More shooting at them is less at the rest of your army. Incidentally, I don't use dire avengers at all so I have no comment on them.

Falcons are nice but I have trouble justifying more than one. Try a few squads of vypers with scatterlasers. Unless you are shooting at a monolith or a raider they can zip behind vehicles and punch rear armor nicely.

I have taken the liberty of composing an army that I believe will suit the needs that you spoke of. take a moment and peruse it and tall me what you think.

Farseer: Singing spear, RoWard, RoWitness, Spirit stones, Doom, Mind war

9 Banshees
Exarch w/Executioner
Serpent w/TL cat, TL BL, Stones and Vectored

9 Banshees
Exarch w/Executioner

6 harleys with kisses and one fusion
Shadowseer with Kiss and Fusion

9 Avengers
Exarch w/Bladestorm and 2x SC

9 Avengers
Exarch w/Bladestorm and 2x SC

1 squad 3x vypers with Scatter and TL Scat

1845 pts

that will give you all mobile squads with the exception of the harleys, which you want walking.

Give it a think and let me know.

Have fun

O.T.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting. I was looking at the list and it looks to be a good list. I dsklike Vypers, Even with a horde of them I can't seem to want to take them they just don't do it for me. I understand the dropping the other prism unless you have two. Currently I only have two waveserpents, so another Banshees squad was another thing I was debating. Harlequins don't even inspire fear at my shop. People just simply know how to handle them and I can't ever use them. Everyone will just look at them and scoff and drive over a landspeeder or two and then mow them down. Or do some necron teleport and get them. The ones who don't try to mow them down simply avoid them and don't even declare shots on them. The people at my shop are a bit different T.T

Maybe have to change the number of serpents, firing lines are common with lascannons and without holo seems kinda off. I don't like taking chances with my skimmers. Thanks for the list!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.