Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never read any of the black library novels - are there any which have orks in them? Any good ones?

·
Real Xeno
881 Posts
I know only a comic series about ork pilots but I did not like it that much :( I even don`t remember its title...

Anyways orks doesn`t read, orks smash!

ps.: i `ope dere`z one coz very sad dat only oomies in da bookz!

·
Registered
113 Posts
As a protagonist there isnt any that come to mind, however I know that Rynns World (brand new released only 3 weeks ago) is about the Crimson Fist homeworld being invaded by a Waaaghh. Also my favourite book, Brothers of the Snake has a nice piece about the Iron Snakes tacking an entire Waaagh also.

There is loads of Orky stories but unfortunately none which have them as the goodies (protangnists)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked with the Black Library guys and they said "There are no Warhammer 40,000 novels which focus purely on the Orks
however they do feature heavily as opponents in many of our titles.
" - so no ork lead novels; what a shame. Would have been fun to read one since the codex was fun in itself.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Not a full book (I wish Games Workshop would contact me, as I can write for Orks and work cheap ^_^), but there is a pretty cool 5 issue comic series called 'Blood and Thunder', about an Ork army, told from the perspective of a captive Imperial soldier.

Blood and Thunder (comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
109 Posts
This may not be EXACTLY what you're looking for, but the collection titled Imperial Guard Omnibus: Volume One contains three novels where the ig are fighting orks. Although the stories are all from the perspective of humans, the collection does feature lots of good ork'ey action.

·
Real Xeno
881 Posts
Deff skwadron is the title of the comic book I`ve mentioned.
The Blood and thunder looks good to me.

But I still think it`s a shame that no ork books out there...

So, Grax, what`s Your idea? :) for story?

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Uh....waaaaaugh?

Is that enough plot? ^_^

Seriously though, I think it'd be a little difficult to make a whole coherent story using nothing besides Orks. I'd definitely have to throw in another race for them to temporary ally with. The Imperial Guard always works, although the Eldar might be more interesting.

Still though, life is way too busy right now for writing on that scale. I just throw in a mini-Ork story in front of my 'You're better off with grots' articles.

(Disregard my statement about the links not working, as my computer was just being stupid)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I've often wanted to write an Ork novel.. but work, school, booze, and women have me tied down pretty tight.. I have thought about the implications of such a writing though, and it'd be difficult in the least. An entire story told via Ork perspective would be.. hard to follow.. lol.

Here's what I have.. as the rough idea for a novel.

The novel is comprised mainly of the journaling of a smartboy, who is the centric protagonist, and these documents have somehow been acquired by the Ordos Xenos.. translated as best as possible, and including excerpts of other Imperial documents which pertain to the very same events that take place, to provide a clear overview of the goings on. The novel is "written", much like the Ciaphus Cain series come to think of it, by an Inquisitor of the Ordos Xenos, as to provide a case study on the Ork mentality. The exposition pits Imperial commentary, and many assumptions about Orks, against the actual word of an Ork.. the conclusion of which, is that while many of the Imperium's opinions of the Orks are well founded (mostly pertaining to one of these five topics: stompin, burpin, cursin, shootin, or speedin), there is also something much more devious, cunning, and sinister, something that suggests Imperial tacticians have long underestimated the Orks.

^--(Now, if only someone would write it for me!)

·
Real Xeno
881 Posts
I've often wanted to write an Ork novel.. but work, school, booze, and women have me tied down pretty tight..

I know how it feels...
actually pretty good :)

The novel is comprised mainly of the journaling of a smartboy, who is the centric protagonist, and these documents have somehow been acquired by the Ordos Xenos.. translated as best as possible, and including excerpts of other Imperial documents which pertain to the very same events that take place, to provide a clear overview of the goings on. The novel is "written", much like the Ciaphus Cain series come to think of it, by an Inquisitor of the Ordos Xenos, as to provide a case study on the Ork mentality. The exposition pits Imperial commentary, and many assumptions about Orks, against the actual word of an Ork.. the conclusion of which, is that while many of the Imperium's opinions of the Orks are well founded (mostly pertaining to one of these five topics: stompin, burpin, cursin, shootin, or speedin),

That sounds interesting!
Would it contain lots of fights too? I mean it seems necessary in a warhammer novel.
Smartboy like a snotling or a Mek (Dok)?

there is also something much more devious, cunning, and sinister, something that suggests Imperial tacticians have long underestimated the Orks.

And this one is just perfect! I really don`t like that my Mek supposed to be a stupid user of technology... that`s far too human perspective!

^--(Now, if only someone would write it for me!)

And here is the point where I can`t help... first I got to learn English :)
:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I emailed them and they mentioned a few that have battles but non that are Orky perspective.

"Hi,

Our upcoming anthology "Fear The Alien" features a story which has Orks as a Primary force though not from their perspective. There are a number of our other books which feature them strongly, such as "Salamander" where a small force of Space Marines have to face a giant Ork horde"

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This may not be EXACTLY what you're looking for, but the collection titled Imperial Guard Omnibus: Volume One contains three novels where the ig are fighting orks. Although the stories are all from the perspective of humans, the collection does feature lots of good ork'ey action.
I bought this book, read the first novel (Fifteen Hours) and like it. Seemed strange that IG was so 2k instead of 40k (I guess they are :)), but the IG culture was there and the orks were pretty gruesome.

·
1,053 Posts
Bringers of death is a novel that's a bunch of short stories. The 1st story in it has Space Wolves vs Orks. Then there is another story called Xenocide. It has black powder age humans vs Orks. Cool book really.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts