Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bork! Bork! Bork!
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi is there anyone with any ideas on coverting the Nightbring into a Avatar...
I was thinking about painting his robe thing Bleached Bone with some Skull White drybrushed on top then add some wear to it by LIGHTLY drybrushing some Chestnut Ink into it but that is all I can come up with....Do you have any ideas on converting him?

·
Librarian from Hell
4,396 Posts
Don't repost, use the Edit-function

I think this is a very good project. The Nightbringer is one awsome model indeed.
To make him look more Avatarish I would use the arms from the Avatar on the body of the Nightbringer. Then sculpt some pattern, like the ones on the the avatar chest onto the chest of the NB and maybe add some things behind the neck, sticking up. Take them from an Avatar or the Khorne Berzerkers.

I think they are roughly the same size those two models (A & NB) but I'm far from certain. If they are not, please someone correct me.

You could also add some fangs in the mouth of the C'tan.

Try to make the arms of the Avatar look natural, keep the same pose as the C'tan had if possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There was picture in a recent White dwarf I think. They swapped Nightbringers head for that of either a wraithlord or wraithguard (not sure of the size). They also gave him a sword made from the two handed weapon of a Tomb Kings ustabi (sp?) . It looked pretty cool, you should check it out if have access to recent issues.

~IFC

·
Son of Dorn
986 Posts
Imperial Fist Commander said:
There was picture in a recent White dwarf I think. They swapped Nightbringers head for that of either a wraithlord or wraithguard (not sure of the size). They also gave him a sword made from the two handed weapon of a Tomb Kings ustabi (sp?) . It looked pretty cool, you should check it out if have access to recent issues.

~IFC

It wasn't the nightbringer, it was the deciver. The rest is correct. I think it was the issue that the dark crusade was started so proably 310?

·
Registered
954 Posts
I don't know about the deceiver but the Nightbringer is a solid model except for the arms. So exchanging the head means cutting quite a bit of metal. It would not be an easy conversion as the Nightbringer's robes cover his head as well and modelling the transition may be a real problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.