Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
After many rumors related to GW, new armies, new edition, etc, did anyone hear anything about a new book to Brets?
Will it be in sequence of Wood Elves (palnned to May)? In this case, to June? or when?
Or no chance to an update? Any guess...

Sorry for many questions,

Kaznak

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
i only heard one rumour that seemed remotely reliable, which claimed it is set after Wood Elves.
If that's true then my money is on august.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talking to a GW shop manager, he also believes Bret should be the next release to Fantasy.
By the way, does anyone has the link to this WE video where Bretts appear?

Kaznak

·
Registered
201 Posts
God I hope my beloved fantasy Knights get redone soon! I have always loved their fluff and models. I feel like they have gone untouched by gw for a long time, and i was starting to fear they might get the squat treatment!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
There were many old threads about what we would like to see changed, rules and model wise, back when we thought we were 'next on the drawing board.'

The saddest part is just how dead our poor old Bret forum has been for so long. I for one think there are some amazing possibilities for the Brets when being re-furbished.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
I read on another forum that the bret book has been done for years and was written at the same time as the dwarf and warriors of chaos books. Apparently the dwarf book says copywrite 2012 inside it. Back in 2012 An inside leak said that the three were all done and the date supports that rumour. So maybe Brets are soon? But I think definitely before next edition.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Talking to a GW shop manager, he also believes Bret should be the next release to Fantasy.
By the way, does anyone has the link to this WE video where Bretts appear?

Kaznak
Please, does anyone have the link to the video?
Thanks!
Kaznak

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Please, does anyone have the link to the video?
Thanks!
Kaznak
Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9CObNRPFWw

Of course, there are a number of new WE videos that showcased the new minis over the different week's releases. This was the first teaser.

I can see the books being done and sitting waiting for the new mini production to catch up, as that takes quite a long time to design, sculpt, manufacture, etc. GW will not release a book without a few new minis to create a maximum revenue opportunity and market splash.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9CObNRPFWw

Of course, there are a number of new WE videos that showcased the new minis over the different week's releases. This was the first teaser.

I can see the books being done and sitting waiting for the new mini production to catch up, as that takes quite a long time to design, sculpt, manufacture, etc. GW will not release a book without a few new minis to create a maximum revenue opportunity and market splash.
I agree and I hope you are right that the book is already ready and waiting for some new minis.
After such a long time ....
Thanks for the link !
Kaznak

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
As mentioned before, there are numerous threads from a little while back about what we think should change from a mini perspective. I won't go into all of it or what 'additional' units we need, but the sculpts I think are great, as is, and don't really want them to change are:
1. KoR/KE (great kit, especially with 8 knights)
2. Pegasus Knights (these are some of the better models - the horses, of course)
3. Bowmen (gritty and grimy, just like a Bret peasant)

There are also some heros that still look good (Green Knight) after so many years, it is amazing. Some that definitely need to change:
1. MAA - not all that bad, in fact almost happy with the way they are, but could be spruced up
2. Questing Knights - carrying their dresser?? oh please...
3. Grail Knights - they just do not seem Godly, wordly or ornat enough - need more than just a fancier helmet and shield
4. Grail Reliquae - I really like the current look, but a much better kit could be made with some other options, extras, etc. This could be made into a really great kit if the effort was put into the design. Some of the Pilgrims look great, others just look so odd, I have to hide them in the back rank. These fellows need to be plastic.
5. Faye Ench - good god, she is hideously ugly...
6. Mounted Yeomen - these guys need serious help. Mostly in the stat department, but that's another thread...
7. Trebuchet - needs to be plastic, have a few options to build a slightly different looking treb, but overall, not terrible looking - unless the style/sculpt of the peasants changes.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Seems to be some rumors that July will be Bret's and get a dual kit for GK and QK. Also foot knights as well.

·
Registered
254 Posts
MDSW, I agree on all points except the Fae Enchantress. I use that model for my prophetess, she is way hotter than the other mounted damsel model for sure.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
MDSW, I agree on all points except the Fae Enchantress. I use that model for my prophetess, she is way hotter than the other mounted damsel model for sure.
Maybe it is not the actual Faye Ench I am thinking of... I think it might be the Prophetess, but she is sitting side saddle. She has a pretty ornate dress, but an ugly rat face, to me. Now the other female that comes with the mounted and also the standing version is quite lovely - I have a couple models of her.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Since we're talking about what we want in the new book, I want:
Damsels who can use life, beasts, and heavens
Prophetesses who can use life, beasts, heavens, and light
Knights on foot
Mounted Yeomen in core
Grail knights that aren't outclassed by the fast cav of other armies (looking at you, wild riders)
Better blessing (5+ all the time plz)
Maybe devastating charge for lance formations? Although that might be asking too much. But then again, elves exist.
The ability to take Silver Lance of the Blessed and Virtue of the Knightly Temper on the same Lord.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts