Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heya i was wondering if any one got it yet i keep puting it of and putting it off.. its sooooooooo expensive, i could buy the start to a good army or a book.... so any one out there have it??

·
Registered
148 Posts
the book costs $20. It is VERY good. I got mine when I purchased the new Cadian Army box set! good stuff.

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
I like that everyone is showing off how they own the new IG codex, but the question was do you have the new Imperial Armor book.
To answer your question, no, I don't have 100 dollars right now for that thing, but I wish I could have it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya. no doods im talkng abutthe new forgeworld manual. the wone thats like 130 bucks. im not on welfare i can afford 20 bucks.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I would like the new Armor manual from Forge World but it is way to expensive. Way over priced, what are these guys thinking???

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
It's not that expencive... If you really want it then the price is no obstacle...
Besides it looks to be very interesting... and it will be a perfect addition to my existing Imperial armour library...
But 130$?
Didn't think it was that much... thought it was like 30-40£... some 50$ or a little more...

·
Registered
735 Posts
For that price I can get 2 boxes of Ork Boyz, 2 wartruks, a warboss, warbike, and a Nob. All at GW prices. That's almost a days pay for me after taxes.
I already have Imperial Armour I, II, and Update. What makes this new Imperial armor tome so good? What will inspire da WAAAGH? I mean make me run out and buy it?

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
130?!? I could buy 3-5 more tanks for that much. Heck, I would even be partially on the way to owning a Baneblade for that much.

·
Registered
30 Posts
the book is 75 dollars and that comes to about 36 cents a page for a 288 page book while the other books came to about the same cost per page if you think about it in that way this book is cheaper because it has a lot more full colour pages and its a hard cover

just wanted to say that

and no i dont have it yet but im gonna but it tommorrow because that is when they are getting it here in holland

·
Registered
21 Posts
Even with a lot of colour art in it, it does seem an awfully expensive book. Having actually been involved in the publication of RPG stuff, I've seen books of a similar size (or even larger) with similar quantities of art for sale for a lot less money (Mechanical Dream immediately springs to mind). To use Mechanical Dream as an example, it's roughly 360 pages and includes full colour plates, yet retails at around £25. Forge World/Games Workshop are probably doing much larger print runs than a small press RPG publisher, therefore their per unit cost should actually be a lot lower (initial print set-up costs accounting for a large chunk of your initial print run costs). In the end, I can't really see why it has such a high price point, unless their art/writing costs were through the roof.

Cheers
Malc

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the book since yesterday

AND I LOVE IT

boy the artwork is great
the new rules are great
the new destroyer tank hunter now really is a tank hunter
army list is cool but not the best but it IS a lot more balanced now

all in all for al you thread heads out there it is a really great book