1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
Got any tip to defeat those guys?
I got:
1 black orc big boss with heavy armour and shield, plus some items that give him +2 to hit target.
1 black orc big boss battle standard bearer with an item that adds additional dispel dices based on the rank bonus
1 night goblin shaman level 2 with two or four dispell scrolls

19 big uns with light armour and shield
25 night goblins with nets
25 night goblins with nets and 1 fanatic

19 black orcs with heavy armour, shield, and a standard that adds a D6 on the charge move

3 trolls

·
Registered
14 Posts
The best way to beat the vamps is destroy their combat res.
Deploy all your blocks pretty centred and just run at his main line.
You'll probably get charge due toi danse but thats okay cos you should outnumber and should hold.
Next turn flank that unit, you'll get a SCR of 6 and he'll get SCR of 1 plus you'll get bucket loads of attacks watch those undead get crushed and then crumble due to combat res.
I would suggest two wizards but if ones all youy have do your best to dispell ION as non of the other spells the vamps have are that nasty, and your orcs should be able to take at least one gaze of nagash. If you get curse of year'd just dispell it in your own turn with your power dice.

Moral of the story: DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS OUTNUMBER THEIR TROOPS AND YOUI ALWAYS HAVE A HORRILY HIGH SCR

Trolls on the flank btw they might not do much but they'll either hold a flank or be a nice distraction fior blood knights or if you get really lucky will come into the enemy flank and start winning you cambats.

·
Registered
292 Posts
SCR = Static Combat Resolution. That's the bonus to the combat resolution that is not dependent on wounds caused in combat i.e. ranks, outnumber, standard bearer. Giants are great against VC. They break ranks and won't be afraid of anything in their army. They can do some fun things too, like reach over and grab the VC general and eat him... so good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Last time I played VC he just raised undead on top of my fanatics. Good way to stop them if you are running an army without shooting.

·
Registered
292 Posts
He can't do that. The raise dead spell states that once the spell is cast it is required that the zombies must be 1 inch away or they can't form. On top of a unit is a little closer than 1 inch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts