Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well...like the title says. I ask because I've got a game against DE coming up soon. All I know about his list is something like 40 shades and 2 nobles (or whatever they're called) and was hoping for suggestions.

I was thinking about bringing a large unit of storm vermin to push my bell (I want his bolt throwers to ring my bell for me :)), lots of weapon teams and jezzails, along with a WLC and doom wheel.

Note: I like blowing myself up! I also do intend for him to move toward me and not the other way around, whittle him down before I charge.

Like I said though looking for thoughts/suggestions.

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
Sounds like a Shade deathstar. They'll probably have the ring, ASF, and all sorts of fun stuff.

They're still T3 elves with no armor, so shoot them to hell. Slings would do amusing things to such a unit, as would Slave suicide bombers. Anything that forces T tests would demolish them too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'd probably run a furnace with a big block of monks, along with the censers (however you'd need to screen them from the big shadestar)... as --me-- said, toughness tests are your key...

he'll for sure bring the ring of hotek, so you're going to be miscasting more often if he does... just be aware...

remember your assassin is valuable here, however NOT in the same league as the DE assassin... straight up fight between the two and you're likely on the losing end pretty fast....

gutter runners or night runners with a tunnelling team are good for the RBT's.

it's well worth it to ensure either no cover available for him to do the nasty first turn charge trick (which almost no one uses anymore here as it's pretty commonly thought of as a rather jerk move)... throw in scouting units to take the forests before he can drop his shades in it for example... if they're out in the open, they're ALOT easier to take out...

our templates may go a long way too... T3 elves are pretty easy to get a wound on... even the plagueclaw catapault becomes viable....

.... and wither should work fantastic if you can make it happen.....

·
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The warp lightning cannon w/ its 360 line of sight makes scouting a bit more difficult (my reasoning for including that baby) making him restricted to forests/out of line. With only one sorceress I definetly have the magic advantage here, so no worries there.

Although the fact he's restricted to forests (if he wants to scout) gave me an idea to run 2 warp fires on each flank of my army, they don't care about soft cover because if they scatter/ jump on top of him, what can he do?

The way I see it, my old SAD list is still good, and a great, maybe one sided, match up.

·
Rules Attorney
785 Posts
Spray a WFT on their faces. Or 3. Like you said, you like blowing yourself up.

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
Focus

Focus on the T3 part. Dark Elves ar elike ranger characters. Massive damage dealign potential but they can't stand up to much abuse. Wither is awesome especially if you can throw in a toughness test or two on a withered unit. Bashing them before they land a hate-filled blow is really important.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts