Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Salut mes amis
Just like the title says - anyone out there want to meet up and have a good low down discussion about the arts or literature? Ideally I'd like to have an open forum, anything on the table (general art history, Montreal art scene, Montréalais lit scene, etc). We can meet at a cafe, a bar, a park, anywhere under the sun and just have a good talk about art.
Let me know!

192.168.o.1
tp link login

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've always wondered whether it's faster to double-transfer to the blue line when travelling to/from either extremes of the Orange line. (That is, when going from any station north of Villa Maria to any station North of Beaubien, or vice-versa).

Literally wondered this for years.

For those who have also been curious I finally tested it recently and the answer is: it's pretty much the same.

My wife and I boarded at Namur (direction Montmorency) and she stayed on the train while I transferred to the Blue line at Snowdon and then back to Orange again at Jean Talon.

26+ mins later and I ended up on the exact same Orange Line train as her.

It should be noted that I had to wait about 5-6 mins for the trains at each transfer (not to mention a bunch of extra walking and stairs as well).

So it's likely that if you're lucky on both transfers and you embrace the extra exercise involved then double-transferring to the Blue line could potentially be faster by about 1-3 trains max.

But the 'waiting idly on the platform' time is somehow psychologically worse than the same amount of time spent travelling on the train.

Not sure why - because it feels more idle, maybe?

Has anyone else tried this and gotten a different result? Doesn't seem worth it to try again but more data is always better!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts