Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came into possession of a 2500 point Wood Elf army for 50 bucks from a friend. I'm just wondering when their new Army Book is due out. When a new Army Book comes out then all of the models are usually updated, replaced, whatever and I don't want to be stuck holding onto an obsolete army if it's coming out next month or something.
Also, any info on the Bretonnian Army Book would be nice too. I have heard from a semi-reliable source that it's the next one slated for release. Is this true?
Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Right...
Well, the Wood Elves are due out (I believe) sometime next year, probably March or later and until then stick to the Chronicles list.
As for the Brets, they are next due and out are released in January in the U.K., if you live elsewhere ask your local store for the release date.

Good luck!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Dogma, look at the date of the last post before you post please. The thread is nearly a year old, they are waiting for brettonians and thought that wood elves would be realesed by now (DAMN THOSE OGRE BAST*RDS)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know, just thought it'd be better than starting a brand spanking new thread on the subject. Nettiquette and all that, do a search before posting etc...

I just had to get my tuppence worth of info out there, my tongue was itching...

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Has anyone heard any rumours about whether there will be any new magical items as yet? Or is it still too early for that?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Considering wood elves have like 12 magic items....yes...obviously they will be getting more with the army book,just like every other race that has an army book before them. If your asking for specific rules,its way too early. We wont be hearing rumours about wood elf rules for several months,and even then they will most likely be very off target until about a month or two before.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I actually posted some stuff on this in the rumors section, check in there.

·
Registered
796 Posts
1. They will not get chariots
2. There will be forest spirit type units
3. MAJOR playing style difference in store for them
4. Probably no centaurs

Other than that there are no rumours that are even close to reliable,even the release date ive heard very convincing things from different people ranging from may to next year.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Forest spirits eh? Are you talking ethereal types? Also the dryads are in for a re-vamp aren't they? No longer tree-looking things (mini-treemen) but the female tree spirit type thingy, right? :hmm:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
That will upset my mate if they change the Dryads to Nymph type things, he has 38 of them hehehehehehehe

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have been led to believe not only will there be minor tree spirits much like dryads,but that you can even have a whole army made up of spirits and such! So he will be getting some use out of those dryads im sure,the last thing GW would do is tell a bunch of already *****ed off WE players that their 8 dollar a model metal dryads are no longer usable

·
Registered
135 Posts
When chaos came out this edition they did change the lobstermen of slaanesh models into the daemonettes of slaanesh models.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yes but that was just a model redo for 6th edition. Thats alot different from changing dryads from tree monsters to human-looking erie celtic based women fairies/nymphs,in fluff and model wise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts