Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, sounds like I might have to add it onto my list then :) poor little guardsmen...

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
It's full of amazing propaganda (the Tau guns are rubbish, orks look strong but are weaker than humans, etc) and lots and lots of those little flavour sentences like the one in my signature, it looks like they've collected them all up from old books to put as subnotes to each page :) Well worth a read.

The munitorum manual isn't as good, but it does tell you what happens if you're caught not using your gear properly (stripped of it and sent back into the warzone. If you survive that, you're shot! Not likely if it's your lasgun they took off you...)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, got it from bookdepository.co.uk for roughly 8 euros. Quite nice compared to the 17.50e that GW charges for it :soldier:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've now had time to read through the book :)

The propaganda was lots of fun, especially the bits where they explain how puny other races are. However my favorite part was the instructions for what do to when there's a hull breach and you get blasted into space - "hold your breath and swim towards the ship" ;)

On the downside; I thought the instructions how to load a gun, read a map etc. where quite boring to read through. In my opinion the book should have focused only on "uplifting". The propaganda was entertaining to say the least...

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
On the downside; I thought the instructions how to load a gun, read a map etc. where quite boring to read through. In my opinion the book should have focused only on "uplifting". The propaganda was entertaining to say the least...
They've made it exactly as it would be if given to the guard - which I thought was good attention to detail.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To give the book some extra value; I just started reading "Fifteen hours". It's about a newbie guardsman who gets sent into his first assignment. In the book they now and then refer to the uplifting primer - fun to know what it's really about and what's in there. So if you're about to get into reading IG novels, this is a good place to start.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts