Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im very confused, if a guns AP is higher then a saving throw, its a instant wound? if so how is that fair? that means a bolter instant wounds almost every tyranid in the new codex. and if thats true can invulnerable saves be used?

·
378 Posts
AP negates saves that are higher, not the other way around!

So AP5 (bolter) will negate 5+ and 6+ saves, while AP3 will negate 3+, 4+, 5+ and 6+ saves.

The lowe the AP is, the better the gun penetrates armour saves! =)

Hope this helped!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AP negates saves that are higher, not the other way around!

So AP5 (bolter) will negate 5+ and 6+ saves, while AP3 will negate 3+, 4+, 5+ and 6+ saves.

The lowe the AP is, the better the gun penetrates armour saves! =)

Hope this helped!
thats what i was trying to say. lol and i think thats really lame because every gun instantly inflicts a wound on almost EVERY model in the new tyranid codex....

·
378 Posts
thats what i was trying to say. lol and i think thats really lame because every gun instantly inflicts a wound on almost EVERY model in the new tyranid codex....
Tyr have never had high armour on their units... same as Eldar, Dark Eldar, Orks, Tau and Imperial Guard. It's just how the game is.

Our armour is more fragile, but gants cost 1/3 of what a marine costs, so it's fairly balanced.

So it really isn't lame, it's just how the game plays! =)

·
3,395 Posts
Im very confused, if a guns AP is higher then a saving throw, its a instant wound? if so how is that fair? that means a bolter instant wounds almost every tyranid in the new codex. and if thats true can invulnerable saves be used?
Sorry if i'm stating the obvious here - but weapons do still need to roll against the target's toughness so bolters (for instance) will only wound gaunts 2/3 times, stealers 50% of the time, etc.

Cover saves are also common in 5th ed, a flat 50/50 against many attacks.

·
815 Posts
You are still rolling to wound, correct? It's only a wound taken if they make the wound roll.

Plus there's a myrid of ways to get a cover save. Heck even your own units give a 4+ cover save. Make sure you have enough terrain on the board and you're good to go. I never depend on my armor saves, I ensure the cover saves.

·
Registered
38 Posts
if you just outnumber the enemy and also stay in cover. there is totally no need to worry.
first I thought it was unfair to, but I can then I discovert that I can deploy my stealers so that they can charge in the seccond turn.
mycetic spores wil help too. just let your little guys come out one of those and shoot or run to cover.

bless the swarm
it is back again

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah cover saves are the key to keeping your bugs alive especially warriors which can be easily insta killed and the tyrant because he doesn't get that invul anymore.

·
Registered
236 Posts
This is one of the reasons Tyranids with low armor saves, such as Termies, are dirt cheap, because they are going to go bye-bye quite quickly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.