Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was staring at my unassembled mounds of marauder horsemen and knights I was startled by an amazing idea. As opposed to the standard "Northmen" Warriors, I could do an army from Araby. Armed with a package of green stuff, zero sculpting experience, and a metric ton of motivation, I set out to create my idea. Currently I have the models for a 1000 point army. 10 Knights, 10 Horsemen, 10 Hounds, and a Khorne Hero on Juggy. As of this moment I have 4/10 Marauders converted, the hounds are painted and done, and the Hero merely needs a little detail work. Any and all CC is very appreciated. Also included is a non-themed Tzeentch Sorcerer. All but the Sorcerer are unpainted, as I'd like to get them all converted before I tackle that step.

The Sorcerer

The Marauders

And finally, the Exalted Hero riding what I have dubbed as the "HELLephant"!

Another pic of the "HELLephant"

Thanks for all comments!

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
A great start dude. I really like the marauders, nice work with the green stuff there. The "Hellephant" looks pretty cool, quite interesting.

Kuffy

·
Registered
78 Posts
It looks pretty awesome so far. I'm glad to see my spare stegadon bits going to good use, and I can't wait to see that "hellephant" in person.

·
Real Xeno
881 Posts
I have arabian SM bikers in 40K, so I think it is a great idea!
I also liked the GS work You`ve done there, esp. with the decorative things on the horses! They are fantastic.
rep

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the positive comments! Schoolwork providing, I should be able to have the rest of the marauders done by this weekend, and then I'll have to wrack my brain for ideas for the Knights... Still have no idea at this point

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow, these look really great, very creative - definitely want to see some painted up in the near future.

As for the knights - lots of gold and gems and stuff would be helpful in creating the effect. Having them riding on camels would be pretty awesome but I have no idea how you'd manage that.
But I'm sure you'll come up with something interesting.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
For zero sculpting experience thats bloody good mate!! I like the theme and the idea and the Elephant is quite a cool little touch.

FIf you're after any ideas take a look at some of the Imperial Guard Tallarns. The robes and bits on them are very nice and characterful. Any plans on the colour shcemes yet?

Having them riding on camels would be pretty awesome but I have no idea how you'd manage that.
Check the Lord of the rings models. they have some Camels in the Mahud range. Strangely the Mahud models are 28mm scale rather than 25mm like the rest of the range so they shouldn't be to hard to swap over to fantasy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just checked out those Mahud models and they look perfect. A little expensive, but if I make 5 of my knights riding camels and convert the rest to be cataphracts or something similar it would look amazing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a brief update. I finished converting 9/10 of the marauders (the last one I need to strip the paint off of before I can green stuff the changes on.) While I brainstorm ideas on how to paint the marauders (I have absolutely no clue,) I'm going to work on getting the knights converted. I found a good tutorial on how to make scale armour with green stuff, and so the 5 Knights that aren't riding camels will get the cataphract treatment!

As for the camels, the 5 I ordered arrived and the monumental task of getting those ready for knights is gonna be bigger than I thought. They're metal and the riders were cast with the camels, so I guess I'll have to get the dremel to grind them down. Despite the difficulty, they are going to look awesome once they're fully converted.

Anyways, here are the marauders all lined up. (Sorry for the bad photo, lighting was bad)

Thanks everyone for all the tips/replies. They're keeping me motivated to keep the project going :D !

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone have any thoughts on how I should paint the marauders?

I'd like to paint them Undivided, but still keeping them Chaos-y and maintain the theme.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another update!
Finished converting the 5 horses, and while my green stuff work remains shoddy at best, I'm satisfied with the results.
Pics!

I wont be able to get anything done tomorrow, but I'll be chugging along on wednesday getting the 5 camels prepped for the knights.

Thanks for the continued interest!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looks good so far, and as if your chaos knights didn't scare me enough already now you have chaos cataphracts. I think Uax Conqa is shaking in his wee boots.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry guys, I know you're waiting with bated breath for some painting, but all I have is more conversions. Finished the five Knights that will be mounted on horses and I'm quite pleased with how Cataphract-y they look. So without further delay, here they are.

And finally a group shot (Very blurry, Sorry. My usual photographer (aka my Dad) is on a trip to New York so I had to shoot them myself. I like the blurriness though, gives it the feeling of action.)

So there you have it. All that's left to convert is the camel Knights who I'll start tomorrow. After that the painting begins :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright, so here's the army so far. What do you think of the paint scheme? Did I add a little too much black? :p

In all seriousness, I decided to at least prime them while I work on the camel knights, due to the sheer length of time it will take to convert them.

·
Real Xeno
881 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts on how I should paint the marauders?

I'd like to paint them Undivided, but still keeping them Chaos-y and maintain the theme.
The Tuaregs are called blue people because they wear indigo headwear that has running colour :) --- see my avatar ---- I think indigo, bluish purple would go well with the black. Also the white with red motives with black as main look cool and Araby. Black, silver, purple (blue)?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
A quick camel teaser. Still needs a bit of work, but here is the hilariously out of proportion Camel Knight!

Edit: And as for the colour scheme, that fits perfectly. Blue, purple, black, and silver will look great. I can actually imagine a large Arabyan force to be quite the Tzeentch worshipers plus the scheme will look great!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts