Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in the process of making 2 custom Warshrines of Tzneentch and just found out that models were released for them.... i am using tomb kings chariots, chaos thugs,old (3rd edition?) chaos horses,and a mark of Tzneentch. trying to make them a mirror where there is one skelly crew and one skelly horse on one side and one chaos thug and one chaos steed on the other. (for those of you who don't know chaos thugs were our original archer units way back in the day)

·
Registered
484 Posts
anyone who says "no" has no love for the hobby.

for that reason, if they are a judge at a tournament, you shouldn't obey their ruling on that particular rule. if any of your opponents argue, punch them in the general and then tell them that their hunk of scrap isnt a legal model.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
They're the same as any other scratch build/proxy (of a model that GW makes).

I don't see why anyone should have a problem with it per se, but now there is an official model you may get grief if yours is any smaller (in terms of base or overall size, for line of sight purposes).

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
surely the only thing which should matter in this respect is base size?

I remember thugs, they were the chaff of the 3rd edition, it went - Chaos thug (none or light armour ), chaos marauder (heavy armour) Chaos warrior (chaos armour) great models as well.

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
They're legal, provided they are on a Chariot base. The only problem that you will have is if the model is too short. The rule in my area has become "regardless of size, you can see a Warshrine over any other regiment on the table, with only Cavalry and Monstrous Inf/Cav providing cover." We've got a few of the new Shrines around, and they are gargantuan. We rule that you can also see them over our hills, although the hills do provide cover. It's hard to keep the shrines in cover. I'm hoping that next edition, our Hellcannons won't be on such large bases, or that they'll have rules to reflect the base-size, and that our Warshrines will also get a bit of a boost to reflect the increased visibility.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts